Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

“Bye!” I yelled to my friends, waving as the school day ended.

I exited the school grounds and spotted Honey under a nearby Peach tree, licking her fur as she waited for me. I ran over and fell onto the grass beside her. She rubbed her head against mine, purring as a greeting. Giggling, I replied to her, “Hehe, hi to you too, Honey.” I gave her a small cuddle then stood up, shaking my feet to allow the rollerblades to slip out.

After taking a quick look at Honey, I picked up a rip peach and started to slowly roll home. I munched on the peach, which was my favourite food, as the sun shined from the left onto my skin. Honey slowly skipped beside me, enjoying the light as much as I was.

As I continued to ride home, my plain, aquamarine backpack, which nearly exactly matched my eyes, on one shoulder, I soon noticed that Honey was not beside me like she had been moments ago. I stopped and turned around, returning where I had come from. I soon found Honey chasing a dead leaf that had been caught in the wind. She looked so happy and relaxed in the park, so I decided to take a small detour through the park. I calmly followed Honey as she continued to frolic after auburn leaves that danced in the autumn wind.

I soon found myself under my all time favourite tree. No, not a Peach Tree, that was my second favourite. My favourite tree was the beautiful Cherry Blossom. I starred up at the trees from beneath them as they swayed in the wind. Even though they were not fully their bright pink selves, they still looked stunning with the baby pink petals slowly floating down to the distant ground one by one. The ground was covered in pink, which looked amazing in the suns fading light. I stared around myself, and had the urge to spin, to spin around with the pink petals falling around me, and the warmth of the fading sunlight.

Before I could control the urge, I found myself spinning. I slowly span around in circles, everything still clearly visible. While I continued to spin, I noticed that everyone who had been round had now left. Honey and I were the only ones in the park, and I soon noticed Honey starring at me as I span.  

Not being able to stop myself, I began spinning faster, and faster. Everything was soon a blur. I was spinning so fast that I now couldn’t stop, and I was starting to get dizzy. I grabbed onto my lucky charm; a necklace around my neck with a Cherry Blossom and Peach pendant on it.

A strong wind suddenly appeared out of nowhere, lifting my feet off the ground. The wind continued to spin me around and around, against my will. All I could see was grey surrounding me, blocking my view of anything other than the wind and pink spots that quickly drifted around in it, having no control over themselves, just like me.