Our parents past

Willow's POV

     I am in the forest with my bow and arrow, hunting a deer. I pull back the bow string, aiming for the eye, like my mother taught me. Suddenly I hear a scream. I whip around, trying to find the source of the scream. I see my mom on the ground, hands over her ears, screaming for my Aunt Prim. I run over to her to try to get her out of her flashback state. This has only happened twice. I try to get her to come back to reality, but she won't. I see my brother, Rye, and my father running towards us. The screaming continues, Dad try's to calm her down as Rye walks over to me and hugs me. I hold him to my chest, trying to guard him from our mothers scream. But it's useless.

     I awake with a start. The screaming continues. This has happened twice tonight. My mom is screaming and crying. "Prim! Prim! NOOOOO! I'm sorry Prim!! Nooo!" I hear her sobbing. I can hear my dad trying to comfort her. I am not sure if I should go help her, but it might make her worse. She might think I'm her sister. I get up and walk to Rye's room. He is sitting up on his bed, hugging a pillow. I walk over and sit next to him. I give him a hug. "Hey, it's okay. Mom's just having a bad dream. Dad will help her." He nods. I can see tears rolling down his cheeks. This doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's bad. It always scares Rye, and frankly it isn't to pleasant for me either. But I hide it for Rye's sake. Mom finally stops screaming. I know why the nightmares are so bad tonight. This is the day the Reaping would have been. She woke up from another nightmare about a hour ago. She was screaming my fathers, mine, and Rye's name.

     I have stated to learn more and more about the games. I haven't watched them yet, But I will in a couple of days. At age 16, you watch the 50th, 74th, and 75th Hunger Games. The years of the District 12 victors that are still alive won. Rye has only learned the basics of it at 12. Like what it was. You start to get into more detail at his age, because that is the age you would be eligible for the Reaping. I know my Mom and Dad were in the games, and that they helped a lot with the rebellion. I also know my mother was the face of the revolution, but that is all I know. The only thing my parents have told us about the past is, that my aunt Primrose died, along with my uncles, grandpa's, and one of my grandma's. But I do have a grandpa, sort of. Grandpa Haymitch. We just call him grandpa, even if he isn't our REAL one, he is like one. I lay down with Rye, sleeping by his side the rest of the night. I try to protect Rye in every way I can, but I can't protect him from our parents past.