Mr Piano Man

Urania

I woke up the next morning, did my morning routine and headed towards his bedroom door. I didn't even bother to knock, I just walked in. And nobody was there. Good. I climbed down the stairs and into the kitchen to make me some breakfast, but I saw someone I didn't expect to see.

"Wayne!" I shouted with delight.

"Morning, butter-cup." He smiled sat at the kitchen island.

"What are you doing here?"

"To do my job." He said in an obviously manner. I thought Michael had fired him.

"But Michael said to stay away."

"Well, dear, Michael can't make his mind up."

"I'm just really happy you're here." I smiled cheerily. "At least I won't be lonely anymore."

He looked at my wrist covered in a bandage. "What happened to your wrist?" He seemed concerned.

"Oh, um... I just got a little scratch that's all." I then turned towards the cupboards to look for the pancake mixture and I found it. Made some pancakes for the both of us to eat and washed the dishes after we were done. Wayne wanted to help but I wouldn't let him.

"I see you're starting to get used to him." His statement caught me off guard.

"Huh? Oh...it's not a matter of living, it's a matter of survival. And I might as well start getting used to him because it doesn't seem like he wants to get rid of me anytime soon." I looked at him to see if he could see through this mask and see the pain instead. "Wayne?"

"Yes?"

"Why are you so scared of Michael? I mean you're visibly stronger than him, and you can get me out of here. I'll make sure you never go jobless. And my family would reward you, I won't tell the police that you were a part of the kidnapping process I'll just say-"

"Urania," He cut me off. "What's there not to be afraid of when it comes to Michael? I Probably am physically stronger than he is but mentally there's a whole nother world going on in his head. You don't have to be strong to defeat someone. You just have to be smart. And Michael is smart. I've seen the guy stab a man with a knife for calling him a bitch, and then took him to the hospital, the people there didn't suspect a thing. And when the guy got out of his coma he worshipped Michael. The point he was trying to prove is that he can take your life at any given moment. He'll find me, kill me, kill you and your whole family, the guy is psychotic! Plus there are hidden cameras everywhere in this place. I know where some are but I don't know where they all are." He genuinely wanted to help but he was scared for his life.

"Have you ever seen him kill someone?" I heard myself ask.

"On two occasions. Both female. He really hates your kind." I was confused.

"My kind?"

"Females."

"Why?"

"I don't know if I should've tell you..."

"Just tell me, you know he won't."