Where's My Daughter?

Author's POV
At the Michaels house

"No, you have to find her! It's been 12 days! And all you people keep telling me is that you're doing your best!" Mrs. Michaels was complaining to the police again.

"We honestly are doing our best ma'am." Officer Morgan said in a polite manner.

"Well your best isn't good enough!" She shouts.

"Janell, calm down." Mr. Michaels says trying to keep his wife under control.

"DON'T touch me Ezra!" She turns back to the police officer. "I want my daughter found. And when she is, she better be alive, otherwise I am shutting down that whole department! Mock my words!" She runs up the stairs and into her bedroom.

"Please don't hate on her-" Ezra tried to explain.

"No, not at all. I have four children myself and I understand where her anger is coming from." Officer Morgan said understandingly.

"Thank you." Ezra shook hands with the officer and watched him leave.
After the officer left: "Janellvah." Ezra calls while climbing up the stairs and into the bedroom to find his wife sobbing uncontrollably on the bed.
He holds her in his arms. "Darling..."

"They have to find my baby." She cries even harder. "They have to find her, Ezra!" She was shaking uncontrollably.
A tear escaped Ezra's eye. "And they will find her...they will. Shhhh.... It's alright, it's okay." He tries to calm her down, and it's working.

"Do you-do you think she's..." She lets her sentence fade.

"Don't even think about that!" Scolds Ezra. "She is alive. I can feel it."

At Neverland Valley Ranch
Urania's POV

News reporter: "Urania Ave Michaels has been missing for 12 days now and the police have very little evidence to go by to try to find her. The 18-year-old was last seen at the Yale university library where she would often stay late to further hone her knowledge. But when she didn't show up at home at midnight, the family knew something was wrong.
This is the footage of the press conference Urania's parent attended on the 10th day of their child being missing, to send a message to the public and her kidnapper or kidnappers:"

Janellvah Michaels: "Our daughter hasn't done anything to anyone, and neither have me or my husband, to deserve such punishment. She-" she starts to choke on her words. "I'm sorry. We just want her back safe and sound in one peace." Now she's starting to cry. "She's a good girl and if the person responsible for this is watching, just please bring her back to us, she's all we have. Please..." She stops speaking and turns to her husband for comfort.

News reporter: "Very touching moment."

The TV gets shut down all of a sudden and I know exactly who it is.

"Your mama's quite hot ya'know." He smirks.

And at that moment all I wanted to do was beat the bastard out of him. I launched at him and started hitting him and screaming.

"TAKE ME HOME! TAKE ME BACK WHERE YOU GOT ME. TAKE ME BACK!" He tries to block my beatings.

"Urania stop!" But I kept going.

"I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I hate you!" My tears were almost all gone. I finally gave up. He had my hands pinned by each side and was on top of me just staring at me. I think he sees what he's doing to me now.

"I'm sorry...but I can't let you go home." He said softly.

I didn't ask why, nor did I look into his eyes for any sign of empathy. It was at that moment I accepted my fate. I was his to keep, for his selfish needs.

He released me and started heading upstairs; leaving me crying my soul out in his living room.

Later that night

Michael came downstairs to find Urania on the couch, where he left her. Her knees were up to her chest and her head was down with her arms tightly wrapped around her legs.

"Urania?" He calls.

No reply.

"You can't just ignore me every time you're mad at me. It pisses me off."

Still mo reply.

"Suit yourself." He says turning back to head upstairs, but he stops. He thought he saw something.

Blood.

He rushed over to her to search for where it was coming from. It was her wrist.

"YOU CUT YOURSELF?" He frantically stripped himself off of his button up to tie it to stop more blood from escaping.

She didn't resist his touch. Instead she just kept her head down.

He got up, went to the kitchen and came back out with a first aid kit. He got something to clean the wounds with then placed a bandage over the wounds. When he was done, he put the the kit on the centre table and sat back down next to her.

She finally speaks. "Why do you care?"

"What?" He asked baffled.

"Why do you care if I live or die?" She finally lifts her head up.

"I..." He had nothing to say.

"That's what I thought." She gets up.

"Where are you going?"

"To sleep...unless you wanna violate my dignity once more. I can take it." When he didn't reply she calmly climbed up the stairs and banged the door to her room shut, leaving him downstairs, alone. It was pointless dwelling on something that would never become a reality. Although it broke her heart to think about, she knew she was never going to see her family again. That was the reality. And she hated him for that.

After an hour of being in bed and not being able to sleep, she heard footsteps coming towards her door. She already knew who it was. So she pretends to be asleep.

He opens the door, comes closer to her, leans down to kiss her forehead but he retreated. He stood there contemplating on whether or not to follow his heart but his mind was way too powerful and usually took over his heart.

He leaves. And she starts crying again. She would learn to accept things as they are from now on, in order to live a...somewhat normal life. This was God's plan for her.

'I know what it's like to be afraid of your own mind.' -Mathew Grey Gubler