Grade Eight Sucks

GRADE EIGHT SUCKS- CHAPTER ONE 

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

"Katy Elizabeth Payne, where the hell were you?" My mom scolded, crossing her arms in the process. The look on her face made it clear that I was going to be grounded.  

I rolled my eyes and brushed my knotted brown hair behind my ear, "We were taking a walk! I told you, Miss Dawn, AND Mrs. Melinda that already." I said monotone with a blank expression on my face.

Sage, Nicole and I were taking a walk in Nicole's neighborhood earlier today, around 4o'clock. It wasn't really a normal thing we did, but I'm not saying we haven't done it before. And its not like we didn't tell Nicole's mom we were going, we specifically told Mrs. Melinda "We're taking a walk to the bridge and back! It will only be a few minutes". I mean seriously, Nicole said exactly where we were going.

*•*•*•*

"Do you think he'll be outside?" Sage whispered while grinning, she was leaning on a tree and playing with her hair. Nicole rolled her eyes and sat on the concrete sidewalk.

"Of course he will be out there, the bloke won't have anything better to do"

I sighed and shoved my hands in my jacket pocket. It was actually my favorite jacket, even though it belonged to Sage. It was from when we all went to see "Shrek the Musical" together. It was gray and on the hood it had cute little donkey ears. "Guys, I don't think we should be doing this..." I said quietly.

The plan was, we were going to "pass" by Harry's house and hopefully he would see us. Harry Styles has been Sage and Nicole's crush ever since I've met them. They don't really talk about anything BUT Mr. Styles, I mean, it gets really annoying sometimes. Anyway, I agreed to help stalk him (as crazy as it sounds).

Personally, I think Harry is just a big asshole and a jerk... but who am I to judge the most popular lad in our grade?

"Guys, I don't think we should be doing this" Nicole mocked me in a pathetic American accent that didn't sound like mine at all. She stood up and messed up my rib-length brown hair, making it go a bit frizzy.

I rolled my eyes at her "You don't wonder if he might, oh I don't know, think your insane if he catches you spying on him?" I laughed and glanced at Sage. "You honestly think he will fall in love with you once he sees you? Get real, guys... I don't think he even knows we exist".

"His house is right there."

"He might have Niall with him."

"Stop being such a... a sour pickle."

I couldn't help but laugh at the sour pickle comment, and I eventually gave in. I squinted my eyes and saw to figures playing football in Harry's yard. "So shall we go now?" Sage asked with a smile slapped on her face.

The next thing you know, Nicole And Sage are crowding Harry and shamelessly flirting with him. If I had a bowl of popcorn, I could watch this all day. But, I didn't have popcorn, I just was there. Standing alone, and awkwardly avoiding Niall.

A few minutes later Sage and Nicole joined the boys playing football (or soccer as I like to call it) trying to impress them. I joined in as well, having nothing better to do.

"I choose... Katy!" Harry smirked after volunteering to be a team captain. I mentally groaned, why could I have been on the other team?

"Sage" Niall nodded his head in her direction and grinned. She blushed a bit, and surprisingly didn't look upset that she wasn't on Harry's team. Nicole ended up on our team, thankfully we still had Harry.