Chapter 7

Sawyer's Point Of View

It's been exactly 1 week since Winter bite me. I'm currently riding my bike to CMA. Hazel said that Dr. Clay did some tests on Winter and sent in her blood work to see if it's a medical problem.

I see Hazel standing outside of the staff entrance as I arrive.

"Hey," she says.

"Hey," I say as I get off my bike.

"Do you think I-," I say before she cuts me off.

"No. I'm sorry Sawyer, I really am, but my dad said no. I know its hard but when her blood work comes back we can see if it's something medical," she says.

"Or she just doesn't remember me," I mutter.

"Sawyer, don't say that. You know its not true," she says assuring.

"But it is," I say as we walk through the staff entrance.

"No it's not," she says.

"Hazel, it was 3 months I was gone. So she probably forgot, okay," I say annoyed.

"Oh. Okay, Sawyer," she says hurt.

"Hazel, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm just upset right now. That's all," I say trying to comfort her.

Just then Phoebe runs by. Carrying..... Medical records?!?

"We should follow," I say.

"Agreed," she responds.

So we rush after Phoebe.

*****

She goes right into Clays office. Hazel and I walk right in after her.

"What is going on here!" Dr. Clay shouts.

"The results have come back, Clay," Phoebe says. As she hands the medical records to Dr. Clay.

Dr. Clay's face suddenly turns pale.

"Dad what's wrong?" Hazel asks.

"Winter..... She she...... Has.... Uh.." Dr. Clay studders.

"Has what!" Hazel, Phoebe, and I say at the same time.

🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬
Author's Note
Cliff Hanger!!! I'm extremely sorry that this chapter is REALLY short. Next chapter will be out soon. Thanks so much for your guy's support. It means a lot, especially because I am not that good of a writer. If you have any ideas you would like in the book either Privet Message me or Comment below.
-MockingJayyMellark