Chapter 2 - Meeting with the Spawn of Satan

A/N Dedicated to Kirsty1000, because she calmed my nerves by telling me that so far, this is within the PG-13 Rating guidelines. Thank you Kirsty <3

Chapter 2 - Meeting with the spawn of Satan

Unique's body hurt. Her muscles ached, and her skin was sore. She stared up at the light blue sky. It was such a different sight from what she'd been used to back home. Her arm tensed in uncontrollable movements, and every jerk caused a groan to escape her lips.

Where had she landed? Why did everything appear so open and colorful? With much difficulty, she rolled over on her stomach. Beside her, Sion clutched his ribs. That served him right for messing with her powers.

"Holy moly," Sion said. "That hurt."

She glanced at him, and noticed the skin on his hands was burned badly but healing. Surveying her hands, she turned them around slowly. "Yeah, me too."

"Why did you have to do that?" he accused.

She jerked her head around to face him. "Excuse me?"

"You know it's true. You pushed me." He ran a hand through his dark hair. "Now we're both screwed."

"You messed with my powers," she screeched. Her eyes narrowed at him as he chuckled.

"Yeah, that was pretty funny," he said. He attempted to sit up, clutching his ribs until he succeeded. "God, that hurts."

"You shouldn't talk like that," she said. "They might hear you."

"They?" His eyebrows scrunched together.

"You know." She pointed to the sky. "The other Gods."

Sion stared at her for a moment before bursting out in laughter. Tears formed in his eyes as he held his ribs carefully. Unique rolled her eyes at him and surveyed the area. They'd landed on a large, green, grass covered field. The surrounding trees shadowed them in a gloomy manner, and she found the wooden benches distasteful.

"Where are we?" she asked.

Sion stopped laughing and leaned on his side, resting on his right arm. "We're on earth."

"I figured that much, I meant more specifically."

He shrugged. "How should I know? I'd never intended to fall through the fountain."

Unique had to bite her cheek to stop her from snapping back at him. Counting to ten inside her head, she tried again. "How do we get back?"

Sion's eyes darkened, and he looked away.

"What is it?"

He cleared his throat. "Well. We can't technically get back."

"What?" She pushed herself from the ground and stood up. "You're lying!"

"Why would I lie about something like that?" he asked. "Why would I lie about anything at all?"

She didn't have an answer. Instead, she pushed herself off the ground and started circling him. The grass tickled her bare feet, and when she looked down, she found that the dark green contrasted her white dress. She looked over at Sion, who was still lying on the ground. His white clothes were tainted by green spots, and to her horror, she realized that her own gown must look similar. The vanity panic overtook her briefly until she remembered matters that were more pressing. There had to be a way to get back home to Haims, her father would miss her, right?

"It's no use, by falling through the fountain we technically fell in disgrace with the Gods," Sion said.

"But we're Gods too, right? There's no place for us down here," she said and turned around to face him.