Chapter Eight

"This house is beautiful!" Bianca declared as she entered the large white farmhouse. Catherine stood outside and just looked up at the house in awe. It was so much larger then the small townhouses they had lived in back east. This looked like a true home. One made for a family.

"Do you like it Cat?" Emmett asked slipping his arm around her waist.

"I love it." she replied. "I cannot believe you found it so quickly. It has only been three weeks since I told you I wanted to move."

"I would and could do anything for you, Cat." he replied. "This should also be the perfect place for a wedding." he added. Catherine smiled and threw her arms around his neck.

"I love you." she said.

"I love you too." he replied kissing her nose. Edward walked away from them and out toward the large barn and corral behind the house.

"Catherine, get in here and look at this place!" Bianca yelled from inside. Catherine ran up the porch steps and laid a hand on the round white pillars on the porch before walking in the large oak door.

The floors of the house were solid wood and their was a large staircase in front of her leading to a second story.

Catherine walked away from the steps and down a short hallway into a beautiful yet simple sitting room. There was a long sofa and two arm chairs in front of a large fireplace.

"Emmett, this is amazing." she said looking down at the beautiful rug on the oak floor. Emmett wrapped his arms around her from behind and pressed his lips to her ear.

"You should see the bedroom." he whispered. She smiled and leaned against him.

"It was an awfully long train ride." she replied. They were interrupted when Bianca came bouncing back down the stairs.

"There is only one problem here Emmett." she said. Emmett sighed. Of course there was…..

"What is that Bianca?" he asked trying to keep his full irritation with her out of his voice. Catherine was right when she said it had been a very long train ride and Bianca had worn on his patience the entire time.

"There are only two bedrooms." she said. "Where are you going to sleep?"

"Bianca…." Catherine started but Emmett held up his hand.

"Actually I have to leave." Catherine grabbed his arm and he turned her around to face him.

"What are you talking about?" she demanded. "You cannot leave. We just got here." He sighed.

"I know my love but I have to finish things up back east. I have to finalize the money transfers and sales on the town houses and see about that marriage license. I'll be gone a few weeks but the day I return I want you to have a reverend ready to marry us because there are only two bedrooms here other than the bunkhouse outside and it wouldn't' be proper to share a room unless we're husband and wife."

"Emmett, this isn't fair. I do not want you to go. I am going to miss you too badly." Emmett could see the sadness in her green eyes and knew that it was echoed in his.

"Cat, I have to go and get these few things done and then I will come back and drive you crazy every day for the rest of my life." Catherine shook her head.

"Emmett I…" Emmett cut her off by pulling her into his arms and kissing her passionately.

"Um… I think that I will go get Edward to help me bring my things inside. I should be busy for well over an hour so don't' worry about me." Bianca said. She laughed when neither Catherine nor Emmett seemed to hear her. She quickly turned and walked outside to find Edward.