What lurks in the dark?

The bright beams cutting through the shadows was not enough to erase the sense of unease between Bradley and Millie, nut it did nothing to Jared who was constantly making gunshot noises and stroking his bb gun like a trophy. It annoyed Millie, he was a total creep! Bradley was way too afraid to worry about Jared's weird behavior; he was jumping at every sound, and constantly looking behind him. In the end, they were unprepared for the 3 meter drop which awaited them.

Jared was the first to wake. His legs were twisted at an angle. Yet, Jared was too petrified to scream, he was staring at a formless creature, which seemed to be made of both liquid and gas, Brandon woke next, and he did scream. The creature's red eyes turned to stare at him, before turning towards Millie. It looked at her sleeping eyes with what looked to Brandon like hunger, Millie was bleeding, and a sharp iron pole had impaled her torso. Brandon was missing an arm from the elbow down. It seemed to have been chewed off.

Jared frantically looked around; there was the ledge, where they had fallen. To the right of it, something glinted, illuminated by the rising sun. An exit!  While the creature looked Millie over, Jared tapped Brandon's knee, he pointed to a metal ladder. With a nod, he and Jared crawled towards the ladder.Millie chose that time to wake up and screamed at the large form looming over her, without thinking, Brandon leapt towards her.

Jared, thinking only of his own self preservation, attempted to skirt around the huge creature, only to have it grasp his leg.  Brandon couldn't move the pole. At least it stopped the bleeding, he thought. He hoisted her up the ladder as she fought to retain her consciousness, with a pole in her stomach, her movement was slow and painful, and finally, Millie got over the ladder, and walked slowly towards the light.

Brandon climbed up next; he had to rely on his weaker, left hand, and used the stump to support his leg movements, halfway up, something grabbed his leg; Jared. Whatever this thing was, it was slowly spreading through his body, yet where sunlight touched his body, the thing cringed back. Jared said only two words, 'help me' his voice was just above a whisper, and Brandon couldn't move.

Something grabbed his hand. Millie!  Her side was bleeding and she looked ready to pass out, she held out the pole. She had ripped it out.Brandon grabbed it. Jared eyes widened in terror, 'Please! D-d-don't leave me here!'  Millie's grip was firm, she pulled, and Brandon seeing no other choice, stamped hard on Jared's hand, and tried to ignore the cries as the thing consumed Jared.

The minute Brad got over the edge, Millie collapsed, and Bradley hoisted her with his left arm and walked out, towards the light.

---------------------------

The news was repeating the same story, 3 kids, missing at the same time, for almost 2 days. The most agonising 2 days of Samantha Harris's life. And now she was being taken to see her child. It was strange, the news crew hadn't said they had been found, and yet here she was about to enter a car, and see her son.

The windows were a thick black. She couldn't see in, and when she stepped into the seat, she couldn't see out. There was a thick black sheet blocking her from the front of the vehicle. A lot of security to go to a hospital. But she didn't care, at this point, even if she was being kidnapped she wouldn't care. She sat in the back of the car and waited patiently for the journey to end.  

Her watch said 8:15 p.m., 8 hours?  The hospital, in deep traffic, was one and a half hours. Where were they? As she got out of the car, she was relieved to see her husband, sitting, but talking to some woman! even in her state, her jealousy and distrust of the woman skyrocketed. She then noticed, that they were dressed in the same attire as everyone else in the area; black, thick, one-piece suits underneath long, white lab coats which bore the insignia of a handgun with electrons whizzing about it, like an atom.

Edward looked up at her and beamed, he strode towards her meaningfully, his muscles rippling, underneath his coat, and he had beach blonde hair, icy blue eyes and small wire-frame glasses. He usually wears contacts she thought as Edward wrapped his arm around her in a large bear hug. "Sam! We found them!" Samantha took in the information, a smile forming across her face.

 ---------------------------------

It's bright... He thought he was hallucinating. Everyone in the room was a different shade of colour. Millie was a cool blue.

--------------------------------

Mine... you're mine... Millie jolted awake .