The plan

The plan

Millie was angry. She was 15 for goodness sake and old enough to make her own decisions! And her mother had no right to tell her no! She'd tried everything, promising to do the chores everyday for a week, promising to be back before 10 pm – a promise she did not intend on keeping. Well, I'm going out anyway.

She opened her door silently. Not a single sound, besides her heavy breath, was heard across the corridor, the door. It was right in front of her, her freedom. She was out the door and running by the time her mother was able to turn on the porch light.

The adrenaline Millie felt made her invincible. The wind rushing through her long brown hair however was nothing but a distraction from the contents in her bag; 14 AA batteries, 3 torches, her mother's taser and 2 cans of pepper spray. A small arsenal, to be sure but when your investigating, take no chances, at least, that's what Bradley said. She walked into a small parking lot, towards 2 dark clothed teenagers in hoods and backpacks. The blonde haired boy – Bradley – spoke "do you have 'em?" "Yes, and you?" with a smirk Bradley opened his bag to reveal climbing equipment, thick leather trousers and vests, and leather gloves. "Where did you get these?" Millie asked, gasping in amazement, "hiking shop, one size fits all and my dad's store room." Millie noticed the third person, a boy her height, 5 feet and 7 inches, shoulder length brown hair and dark blue eyes, the mere sight of him took her breath away, of all the people in the world, Jared!  He was the extra person? He opened his backpack, to reveal ... knifes, belts to hold them, and 2 bb guns, even Bradley was stunned into silence. Jared's lopsided grin was a contrast to the boy she saw at school who always seemed so quiet and innocent, away from their eyes she changed, putting her clothes into her backpacks, and collecting her ration of equipment, despite her protest she was given only knives leaving the boys with their playful toys, as they made their way to their destination, she heard Jared talking about how he tricked out the guns. Finally, they reached the sewers, they left the bag full of clothes behind a dumpster, Millie felt a sense of foreboding as she climbed down, why all of these for a trip for a trip in the sewers?  Brad passed  Millie and Jared heavily scented masks and walkie-talkies which Millie had not even known he had, each one them was a precaution in addition with 3 torches had camping torches, which could be strapped around the head and left both hands free. Free for what?  She strode through the filth, and into the darkness.