Chapter 17

****Demetra’s POV****

Thanos certainly was not a procrastinator, though why he would want to waste time after preserving me for about 50 years? Dr. Connors explained the entire plan and their use for me. I would have nodded off but their plan was frighteningly real and possible. Everything seemed to fit together like puzzle pieces.

He recalled how last time Loki fought, he had only an army. A single army against the Avengers. So now they had made equals. What Connors called the ‘Anti-Avengers.’  Basically, each member of the team had an opposite, which reminded me of the Greek myths about how each Olympian had a giant that would represent the opposite of them. I wondered if Norse mythology had anything similar to that.

Their idea chilled my bones. Dr. Connors was the match of the Hulk- both green, giant, almost unable to be beaten, and both laboratory experiments. The Monsters of the game. There was a man named George Stacy who was supposed to be Captain America’s opponent, and apparently Stacy went under surgery or was the subject of an experiment so he now has enhanced abilities. He was literally equal in abilities to Steve. Stacy had been injected with the correct serum formula. Because, surprise-surprise, Thanos brought back Dr. Erskine! Go big or go home I guess. But hey, now we have an evil Captain America. If you don’t realize, I’m being horribly sarcastic in those last few sentences.

Tony was matched against his dad. Father against son, genius against genius. Howard might have no problem blasting his only son to bits but Tony might be hesitant. This is where they had the upper hand, playing sentiment against us. Truly hitting home. Thor was obviously against Loki. Demigod against demigod. And for us master assassins; we were matched against the resurrected Bucky, who was named The Winter Solider. I seemed to fall on the evil side, seeing how Thanos brought me back and hey, I couldn’t pair up with Clint and Natasha against Bucky. 3 to 1 wasn’t fair. No, I was supposedly fighting them. But I would damn well try to keep control of myself.

Spiderman didn’t seem to fall into this equation.  People from his past had been brought back but he didn’t have an equal on the evil side. I wondered what would happen to the poor kid when war started.

“Do you now see why I will succeed?” Loki asked, coming into my cell after Connors had left and I had had time to muss things over. “Do you now see how my plan lacks cracks?”

“I know you’re over confident,” I retorted, staring coolly at him. “That trait always cued failure.”

I was rewarded with a sharp slap across my cheek for my sarcastic remark.

“Am I supposed to feel threatened or scared of you for this?” I asked, turning my head back to him.

“To help put you in your place. I suggest, out of pure kindness, to empty yourself of sarcastic remarks now, before you are emptied of it in a much more painfully way.”

“Kindness of your heart?” I scoffed. “Because you always show your love and care for others by brutally murdering them. Most girls prefer jewelry.”

“The only jewelry women will wear after I conquer the earth are chains around their necks and cuffs to bind their hands together.”

“Aw, there’s that sweet, loving, and passionate side of you.” I was rewarded with another slap. “Please, continue on slapping me. The pain makes me know I’m not dead yet. It’s a good reminder.”

“You’ll wish you were dead when I’m through with you,” he said murderously, glaring with cold eyes.

“Wish I was dead? Please, I’ve been living with that wish ever since I was 12.” He slapped me again.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************

****Tony’s POV****

I heard footsteps coming up behind me.

“If you’re here to tell me that I’m wrong and that I shouldn’t go save her, I will kill you, have Thanos bring you back, and then kill you again,” I said and whirled on my heel to face the startled face of Steve.

“What? No, I’m coming with you to get her.”

“Sorry Capsicle I can do this one on my own.” I started walking again, in the direction of the garage.

“You two may be bound by blood but I actually know her. She’s like family to me.”

I stopped again and faced him. “You’ve meet her twice and you call her family. This equation just doesn’t seem right.”

“She’s saved my life and both times that I’ve meet her I found out her whole story. Just about everything and she had no problem spilling it out. She trusted-trusts-me. You? Maybe you share the same DNA but look at how proud she was to be of Stark descent,” he said coldly. We stood there a few minutes, just glaring at each other before someone broke the silence.

“You’re both wasting time,” Natasha said, appearing on the side of us. “Listen, Clint is already heading over to one of our other bases to get a jet since this is just an office building. Captain you come with me and by the time we get to the base we should be ready to just go.”

“What about me?” I asked, ready to defend about how I should rightfully go and help rescue Demetra.

“You have a suit that can fly, you’ll meet us in the air, we can’t waste any more time. Go.” she said and briskly walked away. With one last glance at me, Steve followed after her.

Time to go to war.

heyyy so i know it's short and i'm sorry. i think the next chapters will be a little shorter than usual. sorry :(

NAJBCJBJNKFNRUHFJSMKLLLKDN HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE SEEN IRON MAN 3 YET?! I SAW IT TODAY AND SJSNFJBKSF PERFECTION. I WAS SHAKING AFTER THE MOVIE. I AM STILL EMOTIONALLY UNSTABLE. I WONT SAY ANYTHING CAUSE I DONT WANNA SPOIL ANYTHING. BUT I WILL SAY THAT YOU WILL HAVE AN URGE TO YELL THINGS AT THE SCREEN AND THIS MOVIE IS FULL OF SASS.

LIKE, THE SASSIEST THING EVER. I LOVE IT. YOU NEED TO SEE IT NOW. I SAW IT WITH MY FRIEND AND SISTER AND SINCE MY PARENTS SAW ANOTHER MOVIE I CAN SEE IT A SECOND TIME WITH THEM. 

I HAVE SUCH GOOD PLANS :D

AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STAY AFTER THE CREDITS THERE IS A VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT NOTE AT THE END. LIKE, HALF THE THEATER LEFT AND THEY WERE IDIOTS BECAUSE YOU NEVER EVER LEAVE AT THE END OF A MARVEL MOVIE. I MADE THAT MISTAKE ONCE AND AM NOT DOING IT AGAIN. MY SIS WAS LIKE, CAN WE GO THERE IS NOTHING MORE AND I WAS LIKE, SIT DOWN  BITCH OR LEAVE IF YOU WANT. YOU'LL HAVE TO KILL ME TO GET ME OUT OF THIS THEATER BEFORE THE LIGHTS COME UP.

SORRY IM STILL REALLY HYPER FROM THE MOVIE. IT WAS JUST PERFECTION ARGH WORDS ARE FAILING ME. JUST GO SEE IT.

PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE I LOVE YOU <3