Chapter 22: The Enemy Within

And it's out! Thanks guys, you're awesome <3

Vote :D

Comment ;D

-------<3------------------------

Chapter 22

Jensen's POV

I've been running for four days now. Running like a blind person. I don't know where I am or where Emma is. So far, I've got nothing. Actually, it seems like I've lost any connection I had left with Emma. And I'm trying not to freak out because of that.

My mind keeps replaying the moment my connection with her was severed. The memory replaying was so strong that not even the loud thumping of my paws on the damp dirt couldn't keep me from thinking about it.

Two days before

"Okay, so the place is Evergreen drive right? It has to be it." I thought to my wolf.

"Yeah. That's the place. And I think it's in a little forest near Oregon." We were both not sure.

Either way, I sprinted across the brown floor that was coated in wild bushes and stalking trees. Weird plants sprouted from the roots of the trees.

I passed a sign that said "Evergreen Drive" and my heart leaped out of my chest...

And into my stomach.

This wasn't the place. Where's the big mirrored house? The big leafy trees? The cobbled floor that led the entrance. Where was the white porch?!

Instead of all that, there was dead trees, and brown grass. And a small house.

"Damn it!" I growled to myself.

Because the place wasn't it and I was angry, I let out a howl.

"The hell is that!" Someone shouted from the house. A person -an old man- sprang from the tattered door and looked at me with anger. I growled at him, because I was still fuming.

He changed in the blink of an eye and growled at me. I should have known that an elder would have more experience. Thomas was right, without Emma, I can't focus and I become reckless.

His coat was black and his eyes deep brown. I didn't know who he was and I wasn't about to get acquainted now.

I backed away as slowly as possible. He kept his ground, growling as I took several slow steps backward. I didn't want to waste my time, fighting with an elder with far more experience. I had to priorities and this wasn't one.

I turned swiftly and ran off, my anger growing instead of dissipating. I don't understand, I forgot about it easily but somehow I'm just angry. I stopped running and plopped to the floor. My head was filled with many emotions. The strongest one was sadness.

It wasn't mine, but it might as well've been. I know already that I'm not getting closer to Emma.

I felt a familiar stab on the back of my neck. Though I knew I was alone in the deserted forest floor. Then came the pain. It doubled and I fell to the floor. It coursed through my body like the time I became a rogue. Though this pain was worse.

Everything Emma was feeling, I felt too. Only It was loads stronger than before. Then all her feelings ceased and I blacked out.

.......................................

And now I'm just running around, angrily. I don't how Emma is right now. I don't know if she's okay and I'm going crazy. I need to find her. Or I'll never forgive myself. I promised her that I'll never leave her. But I don't know if I can uphold that promise and I can't bear it if I break it.