A Game of Love

A Game of Love

Today, I took my girlfriend to play tennis. Let’s just say that she trounced all over me. We said ‘Love’ a lot and it was mostly my score! But it got me thinking about the love mentioned in 1 Corinthians in the Bible.

1 Corinthians 13 1-13

‘If I speak in the tonguesof men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.’

Tonight, I am going to do something very special. Something that every person dreams about. The night where I declare my love to the world. Tonight, I am going to ask my girlfriend, you know her as MilliVanilli to marry me. (Make sure to watch her wall for her answer I am sure). So here goes nothing...or in my case, here goes EVERYTHING...

Millie, I have known you for almost three years. First online and Wattpad brought us together, so it is only fitting that I do this here. Then we began to Skype and I fell in love with you even more. The past few months have meant so much to me. I can’t imagine you not being in my life. Will you allow me to love you every day for the rest of my life? Will you marry me?