Chapter 6- Harbrook

A/N: I just loved writing this chapter!!! Hope you enjoy reading it too! Vote&Comment&Read.

 (By the way Harbrook isn't a real place.)

**********************************************************************************************************

The last day of school came around in a hurry. White cotton-candy clouds flew across the bright blue summer sky. The sun shone brightly, straight into my eyes, as I made my way home from Millenia High School. Another school year was over and I had absolutely no idea what to do for the length of the summer. My parents hadn't mentioned a family holiday so I was stumped for ideas. I guess a summer consisting of nights out and sun bathing in the garden would have to do.

Joe had made a quick recovery from his injuries and things were back to normal, like him getting hit by a car had never happened. To be honest, I didn't really like being reminded of it. We agreed that we would spend a lot of time together this summer. That was one thing worth lookin forward to.

When I reached home, voices could be heard coming from the kitchen. Dumping my school bag on a near-by chair, I made my way towards it. Curious about why my parents were home so early, I swung the door open. Mum and Dad were sat together at the breakfast counter leaning over a red folder, which was spawn across the counter, contrasting its black finish. As they recognised my new presence, they stopped analysing the contents of the folder and turned to me. It was blindingly obvious that they were excited from the smiles they were hiding unsuccessfully.

 "What's up?" I asked with an enquiring expression.

"You tell her." my father said , nudging my mother with his elbow. He stood and took a step backwards to examine the approaching scene. He was tall with a full head of hair (which he was very proud of) with several uninvited grey hairs. His honey-brown eyes sparkled slightly as a clever smile stretched across his face.

 Mum took a deep breath before she told me:

"We are going back to Harbrook this summer!" she squeaked. Harbrook was in the west of the country. It was a tiny village where I grew up. I had lived there for 10 years before Dad got this job in London. I had been asking to see my friends that I left behind for ages but gave up quite a while ago. What did she mean, we were going back? My mouth hung open; I swear it was hurtling through the floor. This was one of the happiest moment of my life!

"Next week, we will leave for a month and a half. Your father and I have planned the whole thing as a surprise for you and Marco!" she was bubbling with excitement now. I composed a sarcastic frown.

"What?? We have to take him as well? No! That will ruin the whole trip!" I smiled after my performance. Both of my parents laughed together.

"But seriously, Marco has to stay out of my room and my way Mum! Apart from that, thank you so so so much!" I hugged her close.

I spent the following few hours writing a list for the journey and phoning Blue and Joe to tell them the news. Blue and I talked for at least an hour about the things I should wear and the things my old friends and I should do. Joe was a bit disappointed that I wouldn't be able to spend the summer with him, but on the other hand he was also excited about my trip. I recall telling him several times about how I always wanted to go back to Harbrook. He was such a supportive boyfriend!

I'm not trying to boast, but my life ruled right now!

I though back to my days in that little village. My best friends August and Dora were always with me as we laughed in the park, playing on the swings. I could also remembered Zach. Zach was my best friend who was a boy. He was always the funniest and most fun to hang out with. I also remembered having a small crush on him. I smiled to myself, while folding yet another top.