Chapter 6

Everyone sort of forgot about the note that was left for Echizen. They all still kept a look out for anyone or anything suspicious but for the most part, everything was peaceful. They would notice that once or twice a day, a fish that they had caught would go missing. Everyone blamed Momo but kept the thought in the back of their heads that it could have been the uninvited guest that they had wondering around.

The days went smoothly. The week was nearly over. Every day, everyone met at the base of the camp and went on a hike then came back and had something to eat. They then relaxed for a bit then went to the river and went swimming and fished for their dinner. Seeing that they didn't have fishing poles, they were constructed out of a stick, some string and wire. The job of fishing was switched off each day and this time, Echizen, Shishido and Oshitari had to fish while everyone else messing around in the river.

"Shishido-sempai, Oshitari-sempai, wouldn't it be easier to use the fishing poles?" Echizen asked.

"Trust me Echizen. This way is simpler." Oshitari replied.

"Then why don't you do it by yourself?" Shishido complained.

"It works better if more people do it."

Echizen and Shishido were at one part of the river while Oshitari was at another.

"Yosh, ready?" Oshitari asked. Shishido and Echizen gave annoyed grunts. "Go!"

Shishido and Echizen started slashing and scaring the fish upstream while Oshitari tried to catch them. After many failed attempts, Echizen finally called it quits and went to get a fishing pole.

"Where are you going Echizen?" Shishido asked.

"You're scaring away the fish. I'm going further upstream." Echizen took one of the poles and walked up the stream.

"Echizen matte!" Oshitari shouted. Echizen ignored him and walked upstream until he was out of sight.

"Is it alright to let him wonder off by himself?" Shishido asked. "With the things that have been going on, shouldn't we go after him?"

"Ah." Oshitari looked at the sky. "It also looks like it is going to rain soon. You go after Echizen and I'll go tell everyone what happened."

"Hai." Shishido got out of the water and went in the direction Echizen headed while Oshitari went in search for the other regulars downstream.

______________________________________________________

Echizen walked upstream until he found a flat enough spot to go to sleep. He placed his pole in a small divot and surrounded it with rocks. If anyone came looking for him, they wouldn't be able to accuse him of slacking off. He cast the so called 'line' into the water then lay on a tree and looked up at the sky. It was growing dark despite it being the middle of the day and the wind was growing colder. Everywhere around him was silent. The only noise was an occasional rustle of leaves and pine needles in the trees and sound of the river rushing by. He could get use to this.

Just as he was about to fall asleep, there was a cold wind that knocked his hat from his face. He reached for it and when he did, he saw a figure across the river. He grabbed his hat and placed it on his head and stared at the figure. Echizen couldn't see his whole face. He could barely make out the color of his eyes which where an astounding shade of Byzantium. (Would have just said purple but this sounded cooler) He had a hood over his head which mostly covered his dark red hair and completely covered his mouth. Even though Echizen couldn't see it, he knew that the figure across from him was smiling.

"Who are you?" Echizen was both annoyed and frightened.

The figure was silent. A cold breeze blew causing Echizen to give a tiny shiver. He unconsciously knew that it was the person from before but couldn't put two and two together. He fixed his hat and placed his hands behind his head and leaned back up against the tree.