Chapter 59

Kelsey’s Point of View:

What are you doing here?

The moment I saw him standing in front of me, it was as though everything around me froze and all that I had planned to say to him vanished into thin air.

“Well hello to you too.” I sneered in mockery, a lopsided grin placing itself upon my lips.

Justin, however, didn’t find any of this amusing. Scowling, he shook his head. “You shouldn’t be here.” He hissed lowly and I could tell he was trying to contain his frustrations.

My face hardened, all color draining from my face. “And why is that?” I stared up at him with narrowed eyes.

“Because it’s not safe for you.” He shot back defensively and I couldn’t help but scoff at his naivetés.

I raised an eyebrow, not sure if I heard him correctly. “It’s not what for me?”

“Safe, Kelsey. It’s not fucking safe for you to be here.” He hissed venomously, making goosebumps rise on my skin.

“Are you kidding me right now?” I stood up, my body standing a mere foot away from his. “It’s not safe for me?” I emphasized in disbelief. “What about every other god damn time I stood at this specific spot?” I held my hands to my sides, afraid that if I moved them I wouldn’t stop myself from pounding them on his chest.

“I was an idiot to believe it wasn’t. I was too caught up in you that I didn’t think of the dangers that could come with you being here.” He countered a strain in his voice.

“Bullshit and you know it.” I spat, shaking my head. “Why are you trying so hard to act as though this isn’t killing you just as much as it is me?”

“You should leave… now.” He remained stiff, not moving a muscle. “Before anyone sees you.”

“No one’s going to see me.” I spat, irritably. “Sorry to burst your bubble but no one aside from your circle of people ever comes here besides me.”

“And that’s going to change starting today. I don’t want you coming anywhere near here, do you understand me?” He raised his eyebrows questioningly. When I didn’t respond, he decided it’d be best to just walk away.

And that’s what he did. He began walking away from me, his shoulder coming in contact with mine as he pushed past, getting ready to go up the stairs when I turned around quick, catching his arm in a strong grip before he had the chance to completely disappear.

“Don’t do this.” I mumbled willfully, trying to get through that thick head of his. “Don’t walk away from me again.”

It was quiet for a moment as my words sunk into him. Licking his lips, Justin pulled away from me. “Kelsey…” He shook his head. “I ended things for your own good. Last time I checked that didn’t mean you could come here so just leave.” He pointed behind me towards the direction of the road.