Prologue

I never had an easy life. A lot of people think they had it tough, but I'd like to see them be me for a day.

When I was 3, I noticed some things that other people didn't. There were, shapes, that glowed and sparkled. Nobody else saw them.

Just me.

I told my dad what I saw, and he said I was crazy. He didn't believe that I saw things, so he took me to various eye doctors and specialists. Nothing was wrong.

My dad didn't believe that I was normal, so he sent me to mental institutions. They diagnosed me with schizophrenia. I still can't believe they said that about me when I was still growing up!

My mom finally told my dad to just let go of the idea that I was schizophrenic. She said there was nothing wrong with me, and that I was just perfect.

My dad was outraged. He had too much to drink and had enough with my mom. He murdered her right then and there infront of my eyes. He burned her to death. I was scarred for life.

Years later on my 8th birthday after I blew out the candles, I screamed. There was someone at the end of the table.

"Daddy! Daddy! Look! Mommy made it for my birthday!" I exclaimed with a smile on my face.

"There is nothing there BrookeLinn," my dad responded.

"Yes, mom is!" Why else would I see her.

"you're Schizophrenic!" he yelled

He was wrong. There was someone there. There was a glowing red figure of my mother at the end of the table, clapping and singing happy birthday.

"No I'm not dad!" I responded desperately.

"Well what other explination is there for your 'ghost'?" He asked.

"I'm a kid! I have a huge imagination! Can you not accept that!" I cried.

"You are not a child! You are BrookeLinn! You have schizophrenia! ACCEPT THE TRUTH OR FACE THE CONSEQUENCES!" He threatened.

"What consequences? What consequences are there for knowing the truth! I don't have schizophrenia!" I screamed while I was in tears.

"If you really believe you see ghosts, prove it to me," my dad demanded.

"How can I do that if you don't see them!" I asked.

"There will be a way," he said evilly.

I should have just said I had schizophrenia, because I never knew his plan. I just knew I didn't have schizophrenia, and I was willing to do anything to prove it.

Well, not literally anything.

I never knew his plan. All I knew was I was going to show him ghosts.

My dad only got worse after I told him I saw mom. He went, crazy. He started drinking more and more and more. It was, horrible, and it affected his judgement terribly.

On my 9th birthday, my dad went to prison. They said it was for serial murder. I never knew who, I just knew he had killed people.

I only knew one of those people. My mom.

It was hard knowing my dad, my guardian, was a murderer, especially when he killed my mother. I spent every day saving for bail money so he could come home. I always thought they had the wrong person.

On my 18th birthday, I came home from my part time job as usual. I was never expecting what I saw. I was expecting my dad to say happy birthday with a cake. But I saw something completely different.

"Welcome home baby," I heard a creepy voice say.

I turned around.

My house was full of ghosts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading! Please vote, comment and fan!