16

hey guys! just for the record, I have no education in the medical field whatsoever, so I don't know much about how these things work. I may be wrong about a lot of the things that go on during the time Nicole is in the hospital, so correct me if I'm horribly wrong. thanks guys!💜
----------------------------------------------
~Nicole's pov~
6 adults in masks and gloves come over to me, sticking pads over my chest and stomach. One lady comes up to me with a large needle, asking me to stay still. She inserts the needle, and I cringe at the small, sharp pain. I immediately get sleepy, and drift off into darkness.
----------------------------------------------
~Shawn's pov~
It's been 3 days, and today is the day that I can see Nicole again. I was so happy to see if my beautiful girl was alright. She was so strong, I don't know how she handled it all, I wouldn't be able too. Gosh, she meant the world to me. I prayed that she'd be okay, and tried to gather positivity as the doctor came out with Nicole.
----------------------------------------------
~Nicole's pov~
I hobble towards Shawn and my mom, feeling an uncomfortable pain in my torso. My mom runs over to me, with a very serious look on her face, and hugs me too tight.

"Ow, mom," I push her back, still moody from the medicine they used on me. My mom laughs and backs off respectfully and Shawn walks over. I feel a tear roll down my cheek; seeing that he waiting 2 nights just for me, made me guilty. He meant the freaking world to me, and I was so, so glad that he was here.

"Hey baby," He says softly into my hair as he pulls me in his protective arms. "I-I...I thought that I might lose you."

"Nothing, no matter what, will ever make you lose me, and I hope to keep it that way." My voice shakes when I speak and I cry tears of joy, holding on tight.

The car ride is a quiet but soft, happy one. Shawn drops my and my mother off at our apartment and tells me he'll text me about plans later on. My mom helps me settle back in, and hands me a $50.

"You should have this." She smiles.

"Why? Mom you need this money for bills." I try handing it back but she closes it in my hand.

"You've been through so much already, which you shouldn't have had to face. You're the strongest woman I know, and I look to you as a model. I love you Nicole."

I give my mom a huge hug, and whisper 'I love you too mom' as we hug. I had the most supportive people in my life. My laptop goes off and I hop onto my bed, grabbing it quickly. Shawn's name is up on my screen.

Shawn😍: Hey babe, I just wanted to say that you're the bravest, toughest chick I know, and I am in love with you sm. Love you baby girl😚😚

Me: Awww love you Shawny. Wanna hang out? I've missed you these 3 days😩I need my Shawn fix😔

Shawn😍: Wouldn't miss time with you for the world. What will it be? My house or out to dinner? Whatever you want cutie💕

Me: Ahh so many choices... You pick?

Shawn😍: I'll make you dinner at my place?? Unless that's too cliche for ya

Me: Anything involving you is where I want to be. I'll walk over in an hour?

Shawn😍: Sounds great! Counting down the minutes till I'm with my gorgeous girl😋

I grin ear to ear and shut off my laptop and start to get ready. Pulling on the dress from my homecoming, 3 years ago, it surprisingly still fits. I never went to the dance so it's almost brand new. The top was tight and coral with rhinestones all down to my waist. Then it fell down in straight fabric, soft and comfortable. It was a little too fancy but I liked it, feeling confident that Shawn would too. Using my new makeup, keeping it natural, I start my walk to Shawn's. My converse were old and dirty, completely not matching my dress, but way more comfy than heels. Walking the Modlin Road, I keep my head down when I walk by Ben's house, praying that on one's home. I speed walk the rest of the path to Shawn's still terrified of the party incident. Ringing the doorbell, I get butterflies in my stomach. You should always get that feeling when your with the one you love, and it was the feeling that Shawn gave me 24/7.