McDonald's

Will unlocked the door to his dorm, fresh from the his fight with Ghost King. He wondered where could the villain could have disappeared to, and how. Will thought about improving that arrow somehow so that it wouldn't let Ghost King escape next time they fought.

When Will went to the bathroom, he found Nico sifting through all the medical supplies underneath the sink muttering to himself. He was so quiet, Will could only make out a few words.

"Fart... Sun... Dirty rotten... Got to find a band-aid."

Will saw that Nico had a horrible burn mark on his forearm. He sat down next to Nico startling him and causing him to look up.

"What happened?" Will asked with concern laced in his words.

Nico pulled away. "Nothing I can't handle."

"Oh please. I'm literally taking Medical Science, let me help."

Will had Nico stand up (reluctantly) and held his arm over the sink. He turned on the faucet and let cold water run down Nico's arm. The black haired boy relaxed his tense shoulders.

Will rummaged through the first aid kit until he found some nonstick gauze. He gently wrapped it around Nico's arm trying not to touch the burn. Will got up and went to the freezer and grabbed an ice pack and walked back to the bathroom.

"Here, take this." Will gave the boy the ice pack. "Twenty minuets on and twenty minutes off. Keep alternating."

Nico snatched it from Will's grip sassily. "You didn't have to help me. I could have done it on my own."

"Really? Because all you were originally going to do was put a band-aid on it."

Nico didn't say anything, causing an awkward silence to fall between them. Will fidgeted uncomfortably. He hated awkward silences.

"How did that happen anyway?" Will asked.

"I was playing with an Easy Bake oven." Nico snapped. He turned away from Will, made his way over to his bed, and pulled out a black phone.

Will smirked. He thought Nico looked small and cute whenever he was pissed. Nico looked like he was about to blow up the nearest Build-A-Bear, kids included.

"Come on," Will spoke without thinking. "let's go eat somewhere."

Nico blinked, not believing what Will just said. "What?"

Will grinned. "We should go get lunch! It's been three weeks since school started and we haven't done anything together as roommates!"

Nico blinked again. But I like not doing anything together, Nico internally thought. "Uhh, sure..." he said, trying not to be rude.

"Yay! You have to leave the ice on for about ten more minutes, but then we can leave. Is there a specific place you want to go?"

"McDonald's." Nico automatically said. He flushed a light pink. He didn't mean to, it was just a natural instinct to say the fast food restaurant because of all the times he and Bianca had gone together.

Will smirked. "Really? McDonald's?"

"What's so bad about McDonald's?" Nico said defensively. "The whole world gives McDonald's a whole load of bull for the smallest things and their food is... relatively healthy."

Will scoffed. "You do realize that the average meal there has about nine hundred calories? That's forty five percent of the total calories you eat per day! You'll get obese and get a heart attack or stroke or something."

Nico stood up and looked Will straight in the eye. "Good," he stated, dead serious, "the closer I'll be to death."

Will wasn't sure if he was kidding or not. Nico chuckled at Will's bewildered expression.

"So are we going or are we going?" Nico asked.

***

Will watched Nico devour a Big Mac while he ate a salad. It was the only option from the menu that was somewhat healthy other than water.

"So," Will started, "what do you major in?"

Nico looked up from his burger with indignant eyes. "Geography."

Will looked down. "Fine, Mr.Grumpypants." he muttered under his breath. Nico smirked, having heard him.

"I can literally see the grease from your 'burger' rolling down your chin." Will said.

Nico rolled his eyes. "The greasier the better."

"That's disgusting." Will shuddered.

Nico laughed, which made Will laugh.

"Why are you laughing?" Nico asked with a bunch of fries in his mouth.

"It was the first time I've ever heard you laugh before." Will stated. "Now I know that you can express other emotions other than boredom and anger."

Nico stared at him. "Boredom and anger?"

Will nudged Nico's foot under the table. "I'm just teasing. I like your laugh."

Nico kept staring. "You... Like my laugh? You're being very cheesy and it's hurting me."

Will playfully kicked Nico under the table. "Eat your grease pile."

Nico kicked Will back. "You know, every time you try to be funny I get a severe cringe attack."

Will crosses his arms. "My mom thinks I'm hilarious."

"Then I wonder what her definition of hilarious is." Nico retorted.

Will smiled and resumed eating his salad. The two slipped into a comfortable silence eating their food.

Will was happy. He liked being around Nico. He liked annoying Nico. He also liked wrestling Nico for the TV remote. Nico probably didn't enjoy that though.

It was nice for Will seeing Nico smiling for a change. He wasn't kidding when he said that he never saw Nico laugh. In the two's dorm room, they never talked. Nico always looked either bored or irritated. He was either watching TV, fiddling with his phone, studying or doing homework. Every time Will tried making small talk, Nico either made a rude remark or would say, "I have a headache, I don't walk to talk." Today was the first time the two ever acted like acquaintances, or dare he say it, friends.

Will liked the change in Nico's attitude. He leaned back in his chair and smiled as Nico belched, not bothering to excuse himself.

***

IM SORRY YOU ALL HATE ME BUT I THINK THIS IS GOING SOMEWHERE I LOVE YOU ALL

ILL TRY TO UPDATE SOON

btw i made a tumblr for all my headcanons and stufff

so go follow flowerchildwillsolace on tumblr plz love you