Chapter 30: Timebomb

Chapter 30
Mickey 'Mike' Hollister
Timebomb

There's a throbbing pain on my head and I groan, clutching the side of it as my eyes open its lid and a dim-lit room greets me. The ceiling is a cream white, and the sight of it makes me roll my eyes. Of course, dim-lit room, eerie silence, not-so-cool bed, I know I'm in a hospital.

The only sound I can hear is my breathing and... Eros'.

He looks so peaceful at thi state, and my eyes well up at the sight of him, remembering the horrible situations that I've been through. I've been shot. There's still this uncomfortable thing at my back, but I think I can manage it. I blink back the tears that threaten to spill out as I watch my man sleep. I was dying. I was in his arms before I was shot, I remember it. And the fact that I was in his arms before God decided to be a jerk and almost took my life I nearly died, has me crying. That's enough for me.

Sighing, I brush off the tears with my hand and brush Eros' hair. As imagine it, it's soft. The feeling of his hair in my palm is ticklish. I keep doing it until I lose track of time, until Eros groans and spoons beside me. Unconsciously, he wraps his arms around and nuzzles. I shiver at the warmth of his body. It's so warm it makes me want to sleep again. I let out a chuckle.

I watch him sleep.

It's creepy yet so romantic. Even though Eros has showed a different side, where his flaws could be seen, I didn't use it against him. It made me want him more. It means that he's ready to show me his bitter side, the unknown part. I know there's much more to see. Even if he shows me the darkest side of him, I'll want him even more. I stop combing his hair, afraid that I might wake him up.

Eros' eyes start to open and I suck in a breath, anticipating that I'll see his beautiful eyes again. He looks up at me and his eyes meet mine, then he jolts out of the bed, staring at me in utter shock.

"You're awake!" He practically screams, his eyes welling up.

"Yes, baby, I'm awake." I say hoarsely.

Eros basically throws himself on me and I let out an oomf, the pain in my back appearing as he practically crushes me with the big body of his. I groan.

"Oh God, Oh God, Oh God," he says, slightly panicking and shaking as he thinks that he has hurt me. "I'm sorry! Mike, I'm sorry!"

I laugh. "Hey, calm down, Eros. I'm fine. Come here, join me." I pat the bed beside me. I scoot a little to the side so he can fully lay down beside me.

Eros sighs and rests down hesitantly beside me and turns to the side to look at me. For a moment, we just look at each other, not speaking as we keep our gaze to each other's eyes. There are so many emotions swimming inside Eros' eyes, and I'm so overwhelm by those that the tears are starting to spill out of my eyes. Eros brushes the tears away with his thumbs, kissing me on my forehead as he guides his hands to my waist, pushing me onto him.

"You're awake, Mike," he whispers, kissing my forehead again. I sink deeper into his chest, wanting to feel the heavenly warmth of his body as I inhale his scent. "You don't know how happy I am. I thought that I was going to lose you. I nearly lost hope. I just wish that this isn't a dream. If it is, I don't want to wake up anymore."

"Believe it or not, Eros. This is reality." I say, kissing his Adam's apple as he gulps inaudibly. "I... I... I miss you."

"I miss you, too." He says, slowly leaning down to give me a soft kiss on the lips. Again, there are fireworks exploding within me and I let out a moan as he tugs my bottom lip. My body begins to set on fire and my lips quiver as he pulls away from the kiss. I pout. "Let's rest, first. Everyone's dying to see you wake."
"Can I have a water, though?" I say, batting my lashes at him. "Because your kiss wasn't enough."