Chapter 3

UNEDITED
Ines POV

"I don't wanna wait in vain for your love... Summer is here, I'm still waiting in vain"

Oh yeah, so much for that waiting in vain stuff, my set was now over after I closed the night with a song and greeted everybody a good night.

I grabbed my red helmet and jacket to go on to my next gig which starts at 10 pm til 2 am. I still have to ride with my guitarists' motorcycle since my mom wouldn't let me have my driver's license, she thinks I am reckless.

We've arrived to the area of our next gig. Basically, just a gasoline station with a stop shop. Beside of it is an elevated stage where I usually sing. Since today is a Saturday, I would be expecting a lot of customers tonight and basically 90% of them are drunk.

"What took you so long? I've been waiting here man." My drummer Jeff exclaimed.

"We extended a few minutes, a lot people just came in late. Stop being so tense dude. Were here now." Chris my guitarist said confidently, tucked his hand in his jacket and passed right in front of Jeff.

Not all people knew this job that I'm in, just Dan. I always tell him my secrets, he knows whether if I'm lying or not just by looking at my eyes and I don't know why. Freaky isn't it?

Anyways, most of the people in SFU thinks that people who work on bars are sluts and I totally disagree. Had it even got into their society-brainwashed-minds that some of us just wanted to work just to survive college and still have their dignity intact? This is the main reason that  I don't want to let them know because I don't want to be looked from head to foot and criticize me and my job just because society dictates them so. This is also why I always wear a red wig and make-up during my gigs so these people wouldn't recognize.

"Red!" Jeff called me by my screen name. In this world, people knew me as the red-headed girl named Red.

I  was seated at a vacant table near the stage when Jeff called, "Red, set starts in 2 mins. You ready?" Jeff gave me a grin while he tunes his guitar.

"Yeah, I'm good."  I looked around and saw a lot of customers came in tonight together with a bunch of girls wearing super tight shorts and plunging necklines. I saw a group of five boys where each of them has a girl date. As I was looking at them I noticed one guy in his mid-20's fixed his eyes at me from a far. I looked at my back to see if he's looking at someone behind me but I see no one. As I turned back, I was surprised to see him leaning at the side still looking at me.

I froze.

He eyed me from head to foot like some bacon he wanted to bring home. "Hey gorgeous, I saw you here all alone, care for a drink?"

"No, thanks. My set starts in a few minutes." I stood up and was about to leave when he grabbed my arm and pulled me closer to him.

"Feisty! I like that."He gave a small laugh and whispered, "I'll see you later sugar, I always get what I want hope you'll remember that." I felt a sudden chill through my spine that I can't seem to move my entire body away from him.

"Let go of her Alvin, she's mine"

A familiar voice that I knew that it isn't Jeff nor Chris. Few words that ai think will stick to my mind from now on. The feeling of security and ownership is comforting.

I looked around to check who this person was......

Ohh boy. Its the guy from...
Ahh! Jogger pants! Yes. Mr. Jogger Pants. It's him!

My eyes widened upon seeing him. Not with excitement but with fear. Fear of knowing who I was and what the heck am I doing here. Will he know? Will he laugh at me for wearing such red hair? What will I do? We'll I have to think of something....quick!

I lifted my head and saw Alvin a bit nervous seeing Calvin approaching to us.

"Oh Calvin! This chick yours? Uhh. I didn't kn.... You know what, were just talking here man, just asking some questions to keep her company."

I sensed a sudden threat of Mr. Jogger pants, I mean Calvin to Alvin as he let go of his hand from my arm and left.

Me, still froze and eyes locked to Calvin. His eyes were such a beauty to look at. His presence, its overwhelming to feel such comfort and security that I can't my attention out.

I have been caught up to my imagination that I didn't notice him leaving. Wait wwhat?He's leaving? By the way, why did he save me from that Alvin guy? I can handle myself very well on that situation.

"Do you think that I should thank you for that? I'm just fine right there."

Calvin turned around and smirked " I don't need a thank you, Miss. I just saved your ass from that total maniac. For your information, he has raped 16 girls and none of them knew who he was because he made those girls drink til they pass out. I tell you if I hadn't stopped him, for sure you will be the 17th of his list."

My eyes widened in shock, did he just said 16 girls?? My knees trembled that made me sit on the nearest chair that I found. How could that man be so cruel?

He took few steps closer to me, that is, a few inches from my face like trying to figure out what I was thinking.

"Don't tell me you're affected to what I just said. I'm kidding Ines, don't take it seriously!"

I was quiet. Trying to process his nonsense statement that every word he said was just a joke. Suddenly my face turned cherry red, a volcano that was about to erupt with anger. I raised my palm that landed on his left cheek.

Calvin was shocked at my impulse reaction and became silent.

"Don't talk to me again." I said in a low and relaxed manner. I think I may have hit him too hard for his cheek to turn red. I felt a slight regret of doing that, my anger got me this time. I should've prevented it.

I left him without saying any word and proceed to the stage to perform. I was embarrassed of course.

I walked my way up the stage and kept on thinking if I did the right thing slapping him or not. It was his fault! No, I think I did the right thing...

"Red, Are you going to sing or not?" Chris whispered as he noticed that I was out of focus.

"Oh yes sorry." That's all I have to say. I just lost my mood in performing.

Geez, this is going to be a long night.

Chapter 3...

I'm sorry it took so long to update guys, school had kept me super busy. Anyways, hope you still continue to support #TBM. I'd love to hear your comments.

Please like by clicking below.