Chapter 2

"Please teach me how to get the annuity right. You know what? If I pass the subject, let's watch a movie my treat."

"huh?! what are you talking about?" Why is he asking for my help? He knows it better than I do.

"Of course you will. You saved my ass in algebra!" Dan raked his hair as if he was a bit ashamed.

"No. Why can't you study on your own Dan? We're graduating. It's time to do things on your own."

Oh geez Dan, why? Well I think he enjoys being the school's heartthrob I guess. Who could not fall for Dan? (Except for me of course) I mean, he's the school's student body president. Young, charming , handsome and of course a gentleman.

There was a time when he had an interview with the school press and it was raining and freezing cold in the room when he actually gave his hoodie to the female interviewer and her cheeks turned red and unable to get the right words to ask.

"Please nessy!" he glared his little chinese eyes and stared at me.

"Okaaay okaay! I hate you doing that. I accept under one condition...."

"Really?! what is it?" Daniel asked in excitement.

"You buy the food and drinks. If you Fail or not, you still have to treat me."

"Not fair!" Daniel objected.

"Yes Fair"

"Okay fine, great!" He finally gave up and agreed with me.

I headed back to my dorm to get changed for a study night out at Starbucks with Dan since he thinks he suck in math and he thinks I'm a life saver weirdo.

I went to Starbucks ahead of time to review, I went straight ahead to the counter and ordered brewed coffee. I really had this love for coffees; the aroma, the taste. It makes me feel awake all night long.

I saw a vacant seat near the glass window. As I finally settled myself, I began to read my book in Taxation.

Few minutes had passed and I kept on looking at my watch back to the window and still no signs of Dan coming in the cafe. As I was looking at the door, I saw that guy again from the library. He wore a gray jogger pants and a white V-neck shirt. He has his earphones on and he is carrying a book with him. He entered the shop and ordered the same coffee as mine; brewed.

He also found a seat next to mine, I am as if did not notice him, went back to reading.

I can't concentrate. Damn.

Snap out of it Desiree Ines! Back to reading!

"Excuse me." I heard a familiar voice.

"hmm?" I held my head up and I was surprised that he was looking close to my face. He was really examining my face.

"You were the girl from the library right?" He pointed his hand to me like he really did remember. Oh no, not again.

"Uhmm. And you were that guy who wasn't looking at his way." I smirked.

"Hah! I knew it was you. And once again I'm sorry about earlier. I see your alone, do you mind?" He pointed a seat in front of mine.

"I'm sorry, that seat is taken"

"I see, do you have a date with your boyfriend?" Why is he asking my personal life now?

"What? No... I mean ...YES, yes I...I have...a..boyfriend."

Liar. I never had a boyfriend ever since, well I almost had one. But he hurted me, my ultimate crush way back 4 years ago.

"Oh. Well, see you in school Miss..." he raised his eyebrows like he really wants to know my name.