Chapter 19: Seriously (Picture of Troy)

"Lise, Anya, over here now!" Tristan's voice boomed over the loud music of the band currently playing on stage. This caused me to flinch and jump in surprise. An angry Tristan is not someone I wanted to mess around with.

I can honestly say he scared the crap out of me. I've seen him angry before, but never this infuriated. His jaw was clenched down tightly and his hands fisted at his sides, ready to strike something or shall I say someone.

'What the hell, where are our drinks that they went over to the bar to get?' I thought as my throat became dry and I suddenly felt parched. Plus, whom does he think he is ordering us around like that? He needs to take a serious chill pill, I don't see what the big deal is.

We were just greeting someone we know, besides it isn't like he caught us making out on the dance floor with someone, seriously. Unwinding ourselves from being tangled up in a three-way hug, we cautiously took a step away in the direction of Tristan and Luke.

Both our expressions mirrored a bit of guilt. Maybe we shouldn't have done that considering the fact that wolves are very possessive creatures by nature. As we stepped away, Tristan and Luke both continued to glare viciously at him. Finally Tristan acknowledged with a slight tilt of his head. "Troy."

What? How in the heck does Tristan know Troy? Troy is one of our close friends from music camp. He's the final person making up our trio of three musketeers.

Our little group is inseparable at camp each year, we've gotten along since day one. I wonder what Troy's done that could possibly merit that kind of death glare from the guys? At first glance, I thought Troy was one of those guys who is high on himself. Strolling onto the campgrounds with his chiseled jaw and sage green eyes.

You'd think he was one of those arrogant pompous pricks that treated girls like trash. Boy oh boy, did he prove me wrong. He went around camp introducing himself to everyone and broke the awkwardness by cracking jokes here and there.

We thought he was just trying to get in good with the girls so that he could get in their pants. Use them and abuse them but, that was so not the case. He truly did want to get to know people at camp. Anya and I became friends first then the three of us were assigned as a group to come up with a performance. What can I say, we instantly clicked.

Troy's genuinely a well-rounded good guy who doesn't seem stuck up or the player type. Always the comedian, he makes us laugh. Not to mention he's a kick ass guitar player. Teaches me right for always judging a book by it's cover, look at Tristan. He's nothing what I imagined him to be personality wise.

It seems like you can't look at someone and make assumptions, because it seems like I'm batting a thousand here. "Tristan, Luke I can't say it's a pleasure seeing you guys here." Troy answered in a dangerously unfriendly tone. A tone I've never heard from him before. Wow...anyone else here smell animosity in the air?

The guys stepped around us standing in front of us, almost like they were shielding us from Troy. What're these two nitwits doing, Troy would never hurt us. "How is it you know everybody and their mother?" I asked leaning around Tristan's body to get a look at his face.

"Future Alpha." He remarked pointing at himself, his voice softening up a slight bit from when he was talking to Troy. Ok, so at least I know his anger isn't towards me.

"It's my duty to know everyone and at least have a general idea of what's going on with everything." Tristan gave me a small smile then it vanished from his lips as his hard eyes refocused on Troy.
You could slice through the tension with a knife, the air surrounding us seemed to be charging with some form of static electricity. "How do you know our girls?" Luke chimed in interrupting the stare down between the two. He too was giving Troy the care bear stare-down.