Unnecessary Complications

We went to sleep in the abandoned hotel after assembling all of our weapons we would need for the next day.

I woke up at 7am in the morning and went to the dining hall to cook breakfast for me and my wife. I went up to the 7th floor with a tray and 2 plates of food. She was pointing her bow right at the front door.

"Hey, you would've known if I was an enemy." Christian said. "Hey, can't never be too careful babe. Watch your 6 out in the field today. There will be some uninvited guests here today for the information. You have to get to it first."

With 6 o'clock drawing near, me and Imani took to the rooftops. I had my usual reflex armour on under my suit so I could be a step ahead of any hostiles. As we approach the summit atop a huge building downtown, we see a massive swarm of people who looked anxious and some even terrified. I could see why; there were armed men behind, in front, and inside the crowd.

I use my focus to get a read on where I would find my objective. In the large telephone company building overlooking the crowd were 60 armed men and the bulk of them were on the top floor.

"I'll kill the dictator once he appears so the guards get distracted, use your Mute to go into that window on the fourth floor. I'll be right behind you." Imani said, drawing an explosive arrow and aiming it at the front door of the building where 20 guards are standing by. I turn on Overloader and I run to the edge of the building and jump. I turn it off, activate Mute and crash through the fourth floor window unnoticed.

I use Focus to scan my surroundings and the guards are set up in a huge office area just just a few yards away to my right.

Boom! I heard an explosion from outside and I see Imani climbing through the window. "How many left?" She asked." Only about half went running. We still have 32 men standing guard." "Ok then how long can your Overloader last?" "About five minutes." I say with a hint of pride. I have been training my facets but I really worked hard on Overloader since it's my deadliest facet.

Imani drew a flash bang arrow and while in cover shot into the middle of the room. The guards were surprised by the arrow and couldn't see. I activated Overloader and ran into the room using my dual hidden blades. I dash through the room slitting every guards throat in under a minute except for one. I was good but I couldn't have found the intel without an informant. That's where Imani comes in.

She walks into the room stepping over guards that's are still bleeding out with the gauntlet on and the man aimed his gun at her and tried to open fire, only to find that it was jammed. Imani smiled and put a silenced pistol to the now petrified guard's head."Your leader is ashes now. All I want is a little cooperation. Where is Simmons computer?" She asked. Regaining some courage the guard yells "Scr-screw you!" He goes for a knife and Imani uses her gauntlet to crush his right hand until blood gushes everywhere. "Oh trust me, fail to cooperate and I'll do the same to your neck." She says as the man howls in agony on the floor, holding his stump of an arm.

"Now, I'll ask one more time. Where is it?" She asked as if they were only having a casual conversation. He held up his bleeding arm to the back of the room. "There's only one computer on back there." He said, half sobbing. Imani smiled and I make my way to the back of the room.

Pulling out a flash drive I find the computer and search for any information that may prove fruitful. I take all the classified folders and his contacts and destroy the computer.

"What about him? Think he'll be any trouble in the future?" I asked." I'll make this painless for him." She said. I already knew what that meant. As we walked out Imani used her Emitter and filled the room we left with gas.

We exit the building from the same window and grappled to the tall building adjacent to it. As we walked we saw two people climbing onto the roof of the building. A man and a woman who were both armed with some very advanced scythes the likes of which I have never seem before.

They recognize us as the woman says "Damn assassin scum." Imani looked manic as she activated her gauntlet to maximum power. I whip out one of my favorites, a gigantic broadsword that could be disassembled into four smaller ones. I activate Overloader because it's the only way I can use the heavy sword in combat.

"Well damn sis they aren't like the other assassin's we have faced so far. They look seasoned." The guy says, pulling out his scythe as well. I charge in and clash metal with the guy and he was knocked backwards because of our apparent difference in strength. I take the opportunity to to plunge my sword deep into the guy's chest. Imani has the girl by the neck with her gauntlet and she electrocuted her.

She let's her drop to the ground bleeding out when Imani suddenly drops on one knee clutching her side. "Sneaky little bitch!" She yelled and she pulls out the knife that was lodged deep between her stomach and hip. "Alright babe we need to hurry back to get you patched up." I say.

Sometimes I worry about us working in the field. One day we might not be so fortunate.