Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Four letters. One word. Something some people believe and others don't. Fate. Yeah that's right, fate, destiny, what's meant to be. Star never really thought any of that was true. But she saw Danny as a new beginning, a sign. That maybe, just maybe, this sign meant that it was all up hill from here. She had decided as much as it had hurt her that she couldn't get involved with him. There was too much for her to risk. Her career, her fame, her fans, her life, her music, her band, her family, her friends,and so much more. All because one guy has her all tied in knots she knew it was the right thing and her numbness blocked the pain that followed the realization. She paced back in forth on her front porch unable to keep still with all her nerves, as she waited for Danny to get to her house. Star knew he said he was coming but after so many times of being let down by someone the person you replaced them with is going to be hard to trust and rely on. She knew it was stupid but she couldn't help wondering, in the back of her mind subconsciously almost, if Danny was going to bail just like Jason had done one too many times. Her answer was given when an unfamiliar car pulled into her driveway. It was an old beat up 1967 faded cherry red mustang, but it was beautiful nonetheless and Star just wanted to run her hand over the smooth metal. Then the driver stepped out of the car an instantly her focus switched between the vintage classic to the guy that has been haunting her for the past week. He looked good. Star rolled her lips in to keep herself from drooling too much and or panting like a dog who was starved and sat in the middle of an endless meat buffet. He had on a plain, white, tight v-neck that taunted you with the shadow of all the muscle underneath and he had a black leather jacket over that. His dark wash jeans fit him perfectly and hung on his muscular hip bones teasing you with a sneak peak of the waistband to his boxers, but not enough for them to be sagging. His black leather army lace-up combat motorcycle boots finished it off. All in all he looked like that bad boy every girl wants, every boy wants to be, and all the parents want gone and away from their children. Her eyes traveled back up his body taking in his tousled dark hair and mysterious green brown eyes that almost looked like they were begging her to let him explain and his rough chapped that she had dreaming of on her own were stretched out as if preparing to say something. She didn't understand why he looked so guilty but as the passenger side door swung open she understood perfectly. One long slightly tanned leg came out first followed by the other and head full of fiery red flaming orange hair and the most gorgeous brown eyes and plump slightly pink lips came next and lastly a slim yet curvy torso came into Star's line of view. The girl was gorgeous that's for sure, and Star was jealous. Not only because the girl was beautiful with a body that could make a victoria secret model feel insecure it was also because she could feel the tension and history between the two. She wanted that history with Danny, even as she tried to fight it she knew it was useless, but Star is stubborn. She never gives up that easy so she was going to keep pushing and fighting how she felt until she absolutely couldn't.  

Danny watched as Star checked him out and almost felt like grinning at her approval, he wanted to impress her and by the way she was looking at him he knew it had worked so far. He almost forgot about a certain red headed brown eyed girl in his passenger seat, but as Star met his eyes and looked over his hair and face he remembered and hope that looked that was begging to her to let him explain was getting through. His mouth was outstreched to say something and apologize when Stacy stepped out of the car. Star watched her and Danny took the opprotunity to check her out. Her dirty golden hair was in messy ponytail with strands of her bangs falling all over her face and the baby, wispy hairs at the base of her hairline were tickling the nape of her neck, making Danny just want to run his fingers through it. Her green eyes focused on Stacy as she slowly, and oh so dramatically stepped out of the car, Danny just hoped she didn't think Stacy and he were together. He wouldn't have even brought her but as soon as she found out who it was she automatically invited herself. Focusing back on Star and not letting his thoughts wonder again his eyes traveled down her perfect body. She was wearing a tight fitting plain white wife beater that hugged her chest and her small waist and curves with a pair of baggy dark gray sweat pants. He then realized he must be early since the cars in the drive were his, Star's, and her mom's and dad's. He also noticed as he looked back up to her face that she had no make-up and how beautiful she looked. She almost looked innocent and sweet and naive and stupid like most girls her age are. They just don't get how the world works and live in their fantasy world of college and dreams and hopes and thinking that it will all come true so easy and that life is a snap. That everything comes to you served on a silver platter. But Danny knew Star knew better than that. She created a name for herself and did it with her talent not her dad's fame, money, and name. That made him respect her even more. Stacy finally stepped out of the car as the two sized eacch other up. There was no contest though Star was ten times more beautiful and sexier than Stacy by a long run. Plus she was a musician, one that he could relate to, and that's something Stacy isn't and that Danny never thought was important, but over the last year he realized how much was missing and wrong with there relationship and how unhealthy it was. It was a drug, a need, a title that made both of them feel safe even if it destroyed them. But here's the thing about addictions, nine times out of ten they're bad for you but even with knowing that all that matters is getting your fix. When Stacy left he still wanted her, even after he realized it was no good for him, he just needed someone to show him how love was meant to be an now that he had the one girl that is his kryptonite is back and he's sure if he's not careful he'll be falling right back into her arms. It doesn't help that the girl who he found happens to be an international rockstar with emotional problems, and a crazy lifestyle. One Danny always wanted for himself, but could he handle it. The three of them stood there. With Star on the front porch, Danny by the driver side, and Stacy by the passenger door, all watching each other, calculating and sizing each other up. With Stacy staring at Star, Star staring at Danny, and Danny staring at them both. The tension was so thick it was like the air turned into a glass sliding door and no matter where you turned you ran into it face first. Star finally broke off from it all shaking her head as she motioned Danny inside. Stacy being the dumbass she is thought that, the awkward thick tension was nothing to worry about and that Star didn't mind she tagged along so she followed the to into the house, but she only made it to the first step when Star turned around raising a questioning eyebrow at her. Today she had placed her eyebrow ring in her left eye brow along with her snake bites along her bottom lip and her dimple stud on her left cheek, along with her hipsters and belly button dangle. All in all it made her look deathly scary, and threatening but the not so bright Stacy didn't seem to notice.