Chapter Seven: Save Me - Part One

Bahja

"It's your turn," I mentioned to Zonnique. She smiled and picked up the spinner. "Right foot on green," she said, reading off of the carboard disk. She moved as the card implied, landing her in a position where she had to hover above Prince, and they were face to face. I could see Prince's light cheeks fade to red from where I was sitting.

Zonnique, Breaunna, the boys- except for Ray, Prod's girlfriend and I were playing a game of Twister at our house. We were stationed in New York now; we packed up and left Atlanta after OMG went mainstream. It felt good just hanging out with the boys, and not their annoying ass girlfriends for a change. Zonnique had bitter feelings towards Laurielle, similar to the ones I have towards Amber. Ever since that meet and greet years ago, Amber has stood in the way of me and Prodigy's friendship. I never had romantic feelings for him like everyone assumed, but there was a point in time where we were really close friends. Maybe even best friends.

Prod and I did everything together: Wrote music, went to parties, played pranks, and probably even more stuff I can't remember. But Amber changed it all. Prod started devoting most of his time to her. Taking her shopping, going out on dates, the whole nine yards. Which left me all alone, just wanting my best friend back. Yet, when Bahja decides to show the least bit resentment, she's the bad guy. Everyone always takes sweet, innocent, lovable Amber's side. And that's the main reason I despise her. And it's not like she doesn't reflect similar emotions. Whenever Amber sees me, her face turns pale, and she tries her hardest to ignore me. For what reason, I really coudn't care less.

It's not a problem, though. If it's one thing I always carry out, it's vengance. And it comes back twice as hard.

"Bahja!" Prod said in an annoyed tone. "Its your turn." I got so caught up in my own thoughts that I forgot we were playing a game. "My bad," I said, lowly. I picked up the card board spinner. "Left hand on-" I was interrupted by the sound of Kya's phone ringing. "Hello?," She answered loudly. "Yeah? Okay, I'm coming. Bye." Kya stood up, luging her overly sized bag along with her. "Leaving so soon?" I asked. "Yeah. Amber and her friends are here to pick me up. They invited me to this weekend ski resort thing," She replied, partially scoffing. Kya was many things, but she wasn't nice. That went double for Amber. I could tell she didn't care for her. but the question was, Why?

"I'll see you guys later," Kya said as she let herself out. "Bye," we all replied in unison. Shortly after Kya had left, we continued playing the game, but in silence. I guess everyone had something different on their mind. Prod broke the silence not to long after. "I'm worried about Amber, guys." Prod said. I rolled my eyes and took out my phone, uninterested in whatever Prodigy was going to say next. "Why?" Nique asked.

"Because of this whole dream thing."

"Dream? What dream?"

Prodigy then explained what happened in Amber's dream years ago to Nique and Bre. I think Roc and Prince already knew. And I listed to every detail. It actually shed some light on why Amber acted the way she did when she was around me. I mean, come on; a seventeen year old psychopath? I'd be afraid, too.

"Wow..." Nique said, trailing off. "I still don't understand why that worries you, though." Prod sighed. "Well... Nothing is for certain yet but... I think Amber is the one." Nique gasped, and Bre raised her eyebrow with her eyes wide. Shit, that even caught me by surprise. I know exactly what Prod was referring to, and if his suspicions were correct, we were gonna have some serious problems on our hands. "Wait, you mean the one?" Bre asked. Prod nodded, "That's exactly what I mean." Nique shook her head in disbelief. "Wow..."

Prod tired to defend his claim. "I mean, think about it. Scenes from her dream started playing out in real life. And she told me that she got that weird feeling the day that plane crashed in Hawaii. That has to mean something." For the first time since Kya left, I spoke. "I wouldn't be surprised if she was." And I wasn't lying. I'm glad Prod shared this with us; the wheels in my head were churning, and I felt a plan coming on.