Chapter 1: Nina Porter

Back in New Orleans, when I woke up there was music that flowed through the air and into people's houses. There used to be smiling faces and dancing people...

Now when I wake up, all is a white ceiling and hear nothing, but the wind whistling. Pennsylvania was a nice place but nothing like New Orleans. I missed the sea food, music and smiling faces. I missed my mom too, she would throw the most amazing Mardi gras parties ever.

"Nina, ya up?", my dad knocked on the door and I rolled my eyes

"Yes", I replied getting out of bed and stretching. While rubbing my eyes and yawning, I went to the bathroom and turned on the shower. I stripped from my pjs, hoped in the shower, and began to think again.

My mom died when I was seven, dad and I moved to Pennsylvania when I was ten. My dad got remarried to Nicki Collin, a gold digging bitch with a adorable son named Franklin. I've always hated Nicki and she gets on my nerve every chance she gets. Franklin just turned ten but he's the sweetest thing ever and he happens to be my only best friend.....beside Tate. Tate is, how can I put this? Tate is a ghost. He looks like a regular person, but only I can hear, talk, see, and sometimes touch him. I started seeing Tate a few days after my 13th birthday. He was the same age as me, growing every year as if he were still alive. He wore the same clothes ever since I met him; white converses, light blue jeans, black T-shirt, a blue and black plaid shirt over it. He's handsome, but annoying and a joker.

"Come on! Stop daydreaming about me!", Tate knocked on the door and I groaned as I turned off the shower

"Would you knock it off, weirdo", I replied wrapping the towel around myself and his head came through the door

"It's the first day of senior year, you can't be late for this", he commented and I glared at him. I hated school, more than anything. Ever since the fourth grade, I've been bullied and teased. Everyone started calling me Ghost Girl since that day happened.

^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^
Ms. K our fourth grade teacher came to the front of the class. Her eyes and nose was red. She didn't really look at us as she began to speak.

"I'm sorry to say that Gregory and his parents got into an accident last night", she sniffled quietly and some of the kids gasped "they didn't make it". Everyone started to sobbing and whisper, but I was confused

"Ms. K", I raised my hand and she looked at me "Gregory's not gone, he's right there"

"It's not funny Nina! Stop this foolishness", she replied glaring at me as some of the kids cried a little more

"But I'm not trying to be funny", I whined then got up and went to Gregory's seat "tell them that you're here!". Gregory sat in his assigned seat, looking at everyone crying. He was surprised to see that I saw him

"No one can see me, only you Nina", he commented and I shook my head

"That's enough Nina! Leave the room now!", the teacher yelled and I stomped off into the hallway- stupid people, can't see Gregory!

"Nina", Gregory said and I looked at him

"Why did you help me?! You were sitting right there!", I glared at him and he reached out his hand, touching my shoulder. His hand only went into my shoulder and I felt a cold chill up my spine

"No one can see me", he repeated and that's when I realized- I'm seeing a ghost.

^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^
My life has been a living hell since then. For the first two years of my highschool, I was bullied and teased. In sophomore decided to be myself, do what I wanted to do. Finally it is senior year and I truly don't give a fuck about what everyone thinks. I have rich chocolate brown skin, dark grey eyes, black hair with purple pastel dyed at the end, I have curves which I love, I'm about 5'7 and I have a photogenic memory. I can remember everything from I was five until now, it's a blessing and I curse. I'm not a bad girl, more like a good girl that's under the skin of a bad girl. I absolutely love art and playing the violin.