Sneak Peak - prologue

Joe's POV

"Izazya!" I screamed, although my voice was failing me and my throat dry. My desperate cries echoed around the darkness of the room. I had no idea where I was; my eyes were covered and my hands tied behind my back. All I could feel was a solid, cold brick wall against my back, and every now and again an icy cold droplet of water would fall from the ceiling; causing me to shiver violently.

"Shut your mouth, brat. Do you not hear the sounds outside?" A foreign voice replied to my helpless call for help. Everything sounded - and felt - foreign to me now; I couldn't identify anything that would once be familiar to me. I could no longer remember the routines had once gone through daily, and I could barely remember a life before this. This horror story, my own private hell.

I knew I was somewhere dangerous; there was constantly an earth shattering boom of an explosion going off nearby, followed by a small earthquake caused by the impact. Them, there was the constant fire of bullets; wherever I was, I was close to a war zone.

It made me think of Izazya; how he was in the military. I wondered whether he felt the fear I was currently feeling, smelt the stench I smelt, and felt the coolness of the air that I felt.

"Izazya!" I cried once again, my body convulsing with silent sobs. My body was too dehydrated to produce tears.

However, whoever was keeping me here obviously wanted me still alive; they fed me stale food and stagnant water every few hours, or days. I had lost track of time by now. I fell in and out of consciousness, and I no longer knew whether it was day or night. And honestly; I no longer cared. For the first time in my life, I knew what it felt like to be in complete and utter fear. My body had been taken over by the feeling; I was constantly on edge, I jumped at any loud noises and my body was constantly forcing me to think of the worst outcomes I possibly could.

The worst?

What if Izazya found me? What if I was dead, and he found my body?

I couldn't bare to think of how the events I had imagined would tear him up, and it caused me to sob harder into the darkness.

My main focus wasn't myself, or my health. Oh no, it was Izazya's. I knew what he would be feeling now, and I knew I couldn't let go - no matter how much I wished death upon myself at this moment in time.

I felt the darkness become heavier around me, my blind eyes drawing to a close - I was about to lose consciousness again.

"I-Izazya," I muttered, shaking my head and trying to overcome the heaviness I felt. It was like my body had become lead; heavy and unmovable. "Izazya... He-help."