Prologue

I have been standing in the front of the mirror for a long time now, examining myself. I don’t know why the heck am I nervous? I mean it’s not like I am going to meet a guy for the first time, Nate and I have been dating for almost a year and half now. We started dating when we were fifteen, I smiled remembering how we met and how scared he was to ask me out we were so shy back then. He is so sweet, caring, and nice and is very cute too.

Jake knocked on my door and came in. “Are you ready? We have to leave soon so hurry up. We can’t be late.” He said, I nodded and he left.

Jake and I have the house to ourselves for a few days. Dad travels for his work frequently and is there few days at a stretch leaving me alone with Jake and Aiden off course. Dad is going to cut down his touring to spend more time with us which means I won’t be left alone with two hippies. Aiden and Jake have been best friends since they both were in diapers. Aiden and I don’t get along very well; we argue, fight and do not agree on anything. Even if I try to be nice to him it doesn’t lasts long because he gets to me some way or the other. But I wouldn’t change that because that’s us, we are different.

I shook my head; forget about Aiden, I should think of Nate. He was out of town for a couple of days and will be back today in two- three hours. I have to reach at least an hour before him to get everything ready. I have missed him so much; I am going to surprise him my being at his house and arranging a dinner or something. Ok, I have not thought it through it but something will definitely pop in my brilliant mind, I at least hope for it.

“Mia, if you don’t come down in next five minutes, we are leaving without you.” Jake shouted from downstairs.

I frowned and looked in the mirror one last time. My red dress is fitting me perfectly showing off my curves nicely. I have pulled my long black hair which reaches my waist into a high ponytail and have used minimum make-up which is making my green eyes stand out. Ok, I look good. I straightened my dress and walked out of the room grabbing my clutch on the way. I made my way downstairs and saw Jake frown the minute he saw me.

“I think you should change. The dress is way too short.” Jake commented. I smiled at him sweetly and shook my head.

He snorted and walked away. My dress is not too short it reaches till my mid thigh. It almost full length for the slutty girls Jake is used to having around him. He is not a player but is getting there soon. He has dark hair just like me but he is so much taller and broader than me. He looks like my dad and I look like my mom. I went into the lounge and saw Aiden sitting on the couch watching TV, his eyes lit up when he saw me.

“Wow, you look hot, come sit next to me.” He said smirking at me and checking me out. Yeah right, I look hot he is just crazy. I would say I look good enough.

“Shut up Aiden. You are so annoying.” I said and walked into the kitchen to take a bottle of water.  I heard Aiden catching up with me.

“Come on, we both know that not true. No girl can resist me and that includes you.” He said leaning on the counter watching me.

I rolled my eyes. “In your dreams, Aiden.” I replied and he chuckled. Why can’t he be nice to me for sometime in a day? I have got used to this and honestly think its fun.

“In yours too.” He said and winked at me. Umm, I can’t think of a smart ass reply to that so I rolled my eyes again.

It has always been like this with us. We have had a love-hate relationship. I know I can count on him if I need anything but that doesn’t mean I don’t hate him at times. He lives right next door but he spends most of his time here. Aiden can be really sweet when he wants to like when my mom was ill before she passed he always looked after me and Jake trying to cheer us up or just being there when anyone of us needed him. I cried on his shoulder so many times and he always held me and tried to calm me down. We always argue about everything, one minute we are giggling with each other next we are shouting.