Chapter 4

You know what people say that when you are having fun time flies quickly. This is what exactly happened to me this weekend. I was having so much fun watching movies, going bowling etc. Dad took me and Jake for a family dinner on Sunday, it was nice and now it’s already Monday. I sat frowning while Dad was making breakfast for us. I hate Mondays no I hate school. It should be like two days school and five days off, I should pass this idea on and then start a protest or something. Jeez, I am so tired.

“Mia, stop frowning. Eat your breakfast and go to school. It’s not that bad.” My dad said pushing a plate of food in front of me. “I made waffles for you.” He said smiling at me.

I smiled back. Dad always made waffles on Monday mornings because they were my favorites. He thought my mood will get better if I have my favorite breakfast and wont hate school much. I always thought his logic was weird but it does help every time. “Thanks dad. I missed you last week. Jake and Aiden make me cook.” I complained.

My dad laughed. “You like to cook, don’t you? They must love your cooking and you get practice. Someday you will have to do this all.” My dad said.

I rolled my eyes. “ I will do it when I have to, not from now. I like cooking but when I feel like cooking not every day. Jake made me cook saying that I was a girl and I should get used to all this.” I said stuffing my mouth with food.

“I leave you alone for a week and I have a list of complaints. I will talk to Jake about his sexist remarks. He will have his own stories to tell.” Dad added a small smile on his face.

“Why are you smiling like this?” I asked curiously. He was about to answer when Jake came in and settled next to me on the table.

“Were you guys gossiping about me?” He asked pouring himself some juice. “She was complaining about me, wasn’t she dad? Even I want to.” He added.

“We are already done with that part too bad you were late. I was asking dad why he was smiling without any reason. Then you came in.” I said snatching his glass of juice and finishing the remaining contents.

“I was not smiling without any reason. I am just happy to be backing home, I missed you kids.” He said softly.

“Aww, dad we missed you too.” I said immediately. I got up and gave him a hug. “It’s nice to have you around.” I added and kissed his cheek.

We sat chatting till Jake and I finished my breakfast. Dad told us all about his business trip and we talked to him about our week in school. I had called Dad on Saturday morning and told him about the party Jake was planning to throw and asked him not to tell Jake it was me. My brother got so annoyed when he had to call all his friends to cancel. The whole time I was trying not to burst out laughing. When Aiden and I were cleaning the dishes he said that he knew I had called dad. We both had a good laugh about it and he promised not to tell anyone.

Aiden came fully dressed and ready to go. He was wearing a plain white t-shirt and a pair of dark blue jeans and he was totally pulling it off. I arrived well ten minutes before my first class. Yes! I am earlier than Josh; he always takes pride in that. I slipped in my seat and removed my books and a pen. “Hey, Mia.” I looked next to me and there was Josh who sat grinning.

“You were already here, weren’t you? “ I asked suspiciously. He nodded. “Did you complete that essay we have to submit today?” I asked.

His eyes went wide. “No, no, no. It has to be submitted next Monday.” He said in haste. He removed his book from the bag and opened it. “The submission is on 22nd. You scared me. “He said looking relieved.

Oh, my bad. Then a light was switched on in my head and I grinned evilly. “Josh sweetie today is 22nd.” I said softly trying hard not to laugh.