The Faceless World- Thelmias

This is dedicated because he is a awesome poetry writer!! You guys should definitely go check his stuff out!!

I can only apologize for the extremely late upload but school, softball, and exams are all at the same time... UGH!! But SUMMER'S HERE!!!

*To all those people who unfanned me because I took to long... :S Shame on you!!

*To all those people who fanned me and politely asked me to upload.... :^D THANK YOU!!

PEOPLE, I HAVE A LIFE AND I JUST RECENTLY STARTED WRITING SO CHILL OUT BECAUSE I RARELY HAVE TIME TO BE ON THE COMPUTER LET ALONE, UPLOAD!! I promise now that it's summer I'll upload more.....!!! Ok. my laptop is dying so if my writing is a bit jumbled I will edit later!!

Copyright@2011

The Faceless World- Thelmias-

Strangely, there was utter peace and quiet as I woke into my dream. I opened my eyes slowly, afraid to see the Raayka’s as Drew called them. He did promise that I would be safe, but that doesn't say that those scary things won't be here. Peering around slowly, I saw Drew sitting in the middle of the clearing. He seemed to be at peace with his surroundings and so walking over slowly, I sat next to him. We sat there in silence, both just letting our thoughts drift.

“You want to know what’s going on don’t you.” His statement broke through the peaceful haze, startling me.

Taking a deep breath, I nodded.

“Wait, you do know that if you can speak in this world then you can speak in the real world?” he shot me a curious look.

Sighing softly, I shook my head and quietly said, “No, I actually can’t.”

Drew eyebrows furrowed together but he didn’t question me, instead he carried on.

“Okay, I’ll tell you everything I know and then I’ll tell you how it relates to you. Feel free to interrupt and ask questions.” He ran shaking hand through his thick brown curls. “Firstly, you already know that you are a Sceeric Conductor. That means you have the power to travel in between this world and earth. There are handfuls of people scattered all over the earth who can do this. The other people you met at the Base, which is the SC Hospital, are like me. We are called the protectors. Our job is to protect to Conductors once we find you. Our Base is set up to locate the missing Sceeric Conductors and then house them there. Personally, I don’t know how many Conductors there are but there are less and less Conductors and Protectors each year.

As they are born, people are given the gift of conducting. It randomly skips generations here and there but you can only get it if your family originally came from here. Our ancient ancestors actually lived in this world but eventually, more and more Sceeric Conductors decided to stay in Earth and colonize. This world doesn’t really have a name but the people here call it Thelmias.”

“The people” I asked, shocked. Seeing as I always thought this was some messed up nightmare, I never really imagined people living here.

“Ahhh, yes the people. Well I can’t really blame you for not realizing it seeing as you’ve never stepped out of this clearing. We are actually in a forest called Yelesh right now but there is a town a few miles away called Wilsh. It’s a lot of names to take in but all you really need to remember is that the capital is called Premk. There’s a lot of information you still need to know but I think we still need to take it slowly.” I nodded agreeing, I was still trying to wrap my head around leaving the Institute, let alone all of this.

“One more thing though. Why are there protectors?”

“Protectors get assigned to certain Conductors. If the Conductors are of noble blood then they get some of the better Protectors whereas if the Conductor is of no noble blood they and another Conductor will get assigned to a Protector. There are not enough Protectors to have one for each Conductor so the noble bloods get one for each person but the less wealthy the more Conductors are situated with one Protector. Basically, the Protectors job is to protect their Conductor(s) from things like those Raayka’s. Although those Raayka’s are one of the worst things that could attack you, they’re by far not the most atrocious thing. The creatures here and some of the people are power hungry and are jealous of the power the Conductors have to travel between worlds. They want it all for themselves.

You though must be pretty special because I have never seen a Raayka attack a Conductor so purposely and furiously. They are attracted to power which doesn't make sense because I did a power scan personally and nothing was irregular. We’ll have to look into that.”

 I scoffed, and mumbled, “Of course that would happen to me.”

Drew chuckled good-naturedly. “Now that’s all I can say for now. But I do have a question for you.”

I nodded warily, knowing I couldn’t answer everything I knew he was dying to ask me.

“Why don’t you talk on Earth?”

“I-Uh I just can’t. It’s not possible for me to talk ever again, at least I don’t think. Hey um Drew, how did you guys find me anyways?” Nonchalantly I changed the subject, hoping he wouldn’t notice.

But by Drew’s knowing look, I knew he noticed but he let it slide. “When Conductors conduct for the first time, a signal is given off. It gives off an alarm for all the Protectors in that area. The Protector would then go to that place where the signal was given and wait for the Conductor to conduct again. Once the Protector sees the Conductor, a bond is formed so that the Protector can then find them on Earth. With you it was difficult because you signal kept moving. Well, it was more like bouncing off trees and leading us astray, which is weird because only pure bloo-“ He cleared his throat and shook off my questioning gaze. “Anyways it took us a long time to finally find you and when we did, well you know the rest. I think that is definitely enough information for one day and besides we need to get back.”

Drew gently grabbed my hand and told me to close my eyes. I did as I was told and soon I felt the world around us fall away. There was no loud crack this time or painful awakening, I just felt at peace.

I woke up to find Drew still holding my hand, leaning over me. He looked worried. I smiled at him to show him I was fine and then he finally relaxed and sank back into a chair by the bed, not releasing my hand.

I sat there digesting all the information he just gave me. Instead of feeling overwhelmed, I felt strangely relieved. I was glad I was finally getting answers as to what had happened in my life. It does make me wonder who in my ancestors was a Sceeric Conductor and what blood line I was.

I soon fell asleep wondering who my Protector would be and hoping it would be Drew.

--------

“She just passed out. I think that information whipped her out.”

“Good she needs the sleep. The bags under her eyes are huge. Poor thing, what a horrible life she’s had to live.”

“Well we can only hope she will be better now that she’s here.”

Someone chuckled, “Come on Drew, as much as you don’t want to, you need to let go of her hand. You can come back in a little bit and watch her sleep like the creeper you are but for now we need to talk about the possibility of a Boril invasion…”

“Yeah yeah, I’m coming.”

I felt warm lips kiss my forehead briefly before the sound of footsteps drifted out of the room, whisking me back asleep.

----------

Okay, two things real quick...

*Sorry if it's a lot of information to take in but I couldn't hold it off any longer... Just tell me if it was too fast and I can cut down some of the knowledge she just got.

*Also sorry for the short upload but I'm going to be at camp next week so I wanted to upload!! It's only for four to five days I'm gone but still...

Hey the next part is almost done and it's much longer so I might be able to upload again before I go!!

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

TALK/YELL/BLEEP/MEEBO ME

Peices my peepsles!! ah yes it's peepsles!!

-Kobe =^)