Devils Chess Game

Think Anthony Head for a character in this chapter

Devil’s Chess Game

Master’s TARDIS

Once The Master had said that he needed to be on his own to think and swept regally out of the Control Room Nancy walked up to Luke and sat on his lap, and began to kiss his cheeks and neck, before kissing his lips.  The Doctors turned their faces away.  Turlough arched an eyebrow at Rastem.  Tegan bit her lower lip.  It was up to Nyssa to alert Nancy to the fact that there were other people.in the room by discreetly coughing behind her hand.  Nancy turned around and glared at Nyssa without a hint of a blush on her cheeks.

“I can’t even kiss my own fiancé now?”

“That was going to go a bit further than a kiss, dear sister!” Nyssa said with a slight smile playing upon her lips.  

Disappointed, Nancy just nuzzled in under his chin and hugged him: “Luke,” she sighed, “I wonder if mother and father have actually ….?”

“Made love?” Luke finished as he kissed the top of her head.  “I don’t think so.  Well, I certainly would not WANT to think so!”

“The thought does not bear well with the palate of my mind!” The Sixth Doctor exclaimed.  

“Nor mine,” Nyssa said taking hold of her husband’s hand.  

“My mother is not ugly you know!” Nancy exclaimed the flash of indignation in her eyes made Tegan slightly uneasy knowing what could happen if she were to be slightly angered.  “In fact the amount of men that look at her as she walks down the street - well, she could have the pick of the bunch!”

“My dear,” Six turned around on his heel, thumbing the latest cat lapel badge, a rogue-ish spark glowed in his Nordic eyes, “it is not your mother we have issue with!”

Getting up Nancy took hold of Luke’s hand and he rose out of the chair too.  “SO,” she sighed.  “My father is not vile looking either.  He took the body of a good looking man!”

“He was wonderful,” sighed Nyssa, “I cannot deny that!”

“I’m sorry Nyssa,” Nancy sighed.  “That was tactless of me.  But you have to understand, I do love my father now!”

“I understand,” Nyssa replied, snuggling into her husband’s embrace.  “But on the inside The Master is NOTHING like my father used to be!”

Seven frowned as he placed a finger to his lips in contemplation.  The thought was not pleasant to his mind either but he was prepared to accept that, one day, Dorothy and The Master were to be married.  He had his own little theory as to how his erstwhile foe had come to know love.

Nancy shrugged her shoulders keeping the rest of the argument inside.  She did not wish to break the already tender bond between them.  In an effort to change the subject Nancy glanced up at Luke: “So, we have enough witnesses,” Luke gazed down a little perplexed, “shall we get married now?”

Gazing around the room Luke wrapped his arms around her waist and murmured: “Aside from the most important,” he said, “I thought you wanted a Mother’s Speech rather than a Father’s Speech?”  Nancy nodded, gulping.  “Also,” he whispered, “we have other pressing business to attend to, do we not?”

“I want to be Nancy Smith!  The wife of Luke Smith who was the son of the great Sarah-Jane Smith.”

The Control Room hummed faintly in the background.  The triangles started to glow a light show, rather like a discotheque of the seventies.  It put Nancy in the mind to put music on.