3 - falling

He drove so fast. 

"Do you mind slowing down?" I asked quietly. He turned to me and smiled, reducing the speed of the car. "Better?" he asked. I nodded, glad that I wasn't going to fly out the car windshield. 

"So where to?" he asked. 

"You're only asking me now?" 

"I didn't feel the need earlier," he said gently. "I was lost in the car's mechanisms." 

I smiled and looked away. "Well, I'm going to the Supermarket down the road that you just passed." 

The car halted to a complete stop and swerved back to the shops' route. The shops were nearby; I could see the small banner that flew in the wind like a tattered old cloth being shaken dramatically. 

"So where are you going?" I asked curiously. He replied with, "The shops," and I rolled my eyes. Somehow, I assumed that i was the product he was going to get at the shops. 

While I tried to figure out this guy- no, man who was poking at me, he had found parking underneath the store. The underground parking was desolate except for some company cars. 

"Well, thanks," I said before disappearing from the car. I speedily walked and entered the old lift, scrutinizing the black Ferrari as the doors closed on it. I sighed in relief at my freedom. 

I ran to the desperately needed aisle: MEDICATION AND HYGIENE. Ever since the day started, I was sporting a major headache thanks to my new crush- uh, schoolmate. One thing was certain though - I was affected by Andrew's presence, his manly charm. Him himself.

And I was deeply petrified of this new feeling. I noticed my hand shaking as I reached for a box of Panados off the shelf. 

"Why's your hand shaking?" 

When I heard Andrew's voice right in my ear, I squealed and almost turned to smack him.  

"Sneaking up on people and asking them questions to answers even they don't know is not good," I said quickly and kept walking down the aisle. The store was silent and except for me, Andrew and the three cashiers it was empty. The elevator music helped with the serenity of the place. 

"You act like you don't want me around," he said, a tone of sadness laced his voice." 

"Do I?" 

"Don't you?" he muttered lowly. 

"You are... quite... interesting," I turned to him after pulling off a spray-on from the shelf. "I like having you around." 

He smiled. "I'm glad you feel that way." 

I also smiled before trotting over to the Sweets section and grabbing a large chocolate bar. The Peanut Gallery decided to have yet another comment. "Those induce pimples," he warned me. I rolled my eyes. "Thanks, Mother. By the way, I thought you were supposed to be shopping too?" 

"After you, of course," he said, smiling. 

After getting a bottle of Clearasil, I followed him as he got his things: a plastic box, a small chocolate bar ("Because I want perfect skin," he said) and a small dictionary. 

I tried to leave after he was done and walk to campus but he offered a lift back to school grounds. 

"I won't feel right if I let you walk." he said to me.

I felt like every time I was with the guy, I had to make big decisions that meant I had to either hurt myself with love or make someone else angry with me. I hated enemy-making so I agreed and made his day as he drove us down the road back to the grounds...

i cut my chapter in half but I will put the other half back tomorrow :)