Chapter 16-

Even though the teacher's tried their best, a few students still managed to sneak flasks into the after party being held in the gymnasium after our football team crushed the other team. Before long there was enough dirty dancing going around to film a whole new high school muscial, a dirtier one of course. 

Holly, Josie and I stood around one of the cheap tables that were set up in a hurry to accommodate the last minute party. After parties weren't a typical thing around here, or so Holly told me, but since it was our first game of the season and we won 54-14 we just had to celebrate. 

"I'm glad we weren't the ones who had to spike the punch this time," Holly giggled, sipping from her cup while Josie agreed. 

 "You guys have done this before?" I couldn't imagine something like this ever happening at my old school. Everyone would rather party in private and pretend to be goody-two-shoes everywhere else. 

 "Ha, this is the only way we'd get through these 'parties'" Josie shoved a full solo cup into my hand. I guess a drink or two wouldn't hurt. As I took the first sip and quickly realized the alcohol of choice was a cheap whiskey, someone ran into me from the side and I spilled some of my drink down my sleeve.

 "Watch it," I snapped, wiping up some of the liquid with my hand and turning towards whoever's fault this was. 

 With my luck it would be Kent standing beside me after all. 

 "How's it going?" He asked, grinning down at me with his hands shoved in his pockets. 

 "It was going great until you made me spill my drink," I teased, making sure Kent knew I wasn't seriously upset. Although if it was someone else who had caused this stain to appear on one of my favorite sweatshirts I surely would have ripped their head off. 

 "Ah, sorry about that. Do you want me to grab you another?" Kent began to turn towards the refreshment table where the spiked punch and red solo cups awaited but I quickly reached out and grabbed his arm to stop him. 

 "It's alright, I'm not a huge fan anyway," I admitted, smiling up at Kent and setting my cup down on a table next to us. 

 "Not a fan of beer or whiskey? Is there an alcohol you do like?" Kent asked, taking a step towards me and still not being able to wipe the grin from his face. I couldn't help the fact my heart rate had sped up or that my face was beginning to feel hot. 

"I don't mind vodka," I said as Kent grabbed my right hand with his left and began to tug me towards the dance floor. 

 "I'll remember that. Dance with me?" As soon as he asked I realized he had nearly pulled me to the edge of the sea of dancing bodies in the middle of the gym. 

 "Oh, no, no no, I . . . I'm really not a dancer," I began to tug back against Kent's grip and his smile widened. It was obvious who would win a tug of war between the two of us. 

 "One dance, that's all Sadie," Kent stepped towards me, slipping his arm around my waist. "dance with me," 

 "But I . . . " I glanced around and noticed that our little show hadn't attracted any attention. Other than Holly and Josie who, as tipsy as they were, continued to stare and comment how cute Kent was. Before I was able to finally give in and dance with Kent I was being yanked backwards. The stinging of nails digging into the skin on my back forced me to turn and push whoever was pulling me away. 

 "What the hell is your problem?" Missy yelled at me, lounging forward to shove me this time but I stepped back and she tripped over her own feet. 

 "You think I'm the one with a problem?" I crossed my arms and glared at Missy who had not left Kent's jersey on his car, she clutched it in her left hand.