A Competition And A...Connection?

DEDICATED TO ONE OF MY CLOSEST FRIENDS! 

 I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it.

-- City of Angels

Chapter 4

 Chapter 4

‘I wonder what his name is.’ I casually ask Suze, hoping she’d know. But honestly, I was just dying to find out. We were standing by the pool waiting for my event to come. Mr. Blue-eyes was standing at the starting block, all ready to dive. I hadn’t been able to keep my gaze off of him, he looked even better without his shirt.

Suze usually knew the name of every cute guy we encountered at every competition. I used to think that this was a very annoying habit of hers; finding out the name of any guy remotely cute, but now I'm just so glad that she’s so obsessed with the opposite sex.

‘Cute isn’t he?’ she squealed beside me as her mouth curled into a huge, flashy smile and her cheeks blushed deep pink.

What was she blushing about, he’s mine- I thought. A sudden surge of anger passed through me at her comment, but I took a long deep breath and plainly replied ‘yeah’.

Doesn’t matter what I think anyway, she thinks a guy is cute, she cares not so much about anyone else’s opinion.

She would just throw herself at any guy she finds attractive and normally I would encourage her to flirt with them because it’s hilarious to watch how almost every guy falls for her age-old tricks, but this time it’s different I guess. If I can’t have him, so can’t she. Even if I can have him, she still can’t- because he is mine. Okay, I sound really possessive.

‘Andrew, that’s his name’ she giggled flirtatiously and snapped me out of my thoughts. ‘He’s got such a sexy name too, don’t you think? It fits perfectly for such a hot guy.’ She drooled.

‘Ha! Andrew? That’s just a pathetic name and you think he is hot? Man, he isn’t remotely cute, let alone sexy. Ashton Kutcher is better any day!’ Secretly I thought his name was sexy too, and he was far from just cute- he was absolutely flawless, but he still couldn’t beat Ashton Kutcher so I wasn’t completely lying.

 ‘But just a minute ago I heard you say he is cute?’ she asked, raising an eyebrow.

‘Pfft… me? Him? Cute?’ I stuttered, trying to put up a relaxed face.

She brushed away my reply with a wave of her hand, thoroughly ignoring the comment I passed about her new love interest (Mr. Blue-eyes, I think I’ll just call him Andrew from now- or Andy or Drew. Gosh, he’s so hot) and continued to stare at him.

Looking at him, unconsciously she was smiling and every now and then, heaving a sigh of ecstasy or something and that got me burning bright red with jealousy.

I tried hard to ignore her and examined his exposed body once again before he plunged into the water. He looked all the more hot just standing there, ignorant to the entire arena staring at him, as he shook his arms and legs trying to relax his tensed up muscles.

He then took his stance; his legs stretched out, his head bent towards his six-pack (I think it was a six pack- didn’t have the opportunity to really check) and his hands tightly gripping the edges of the starting block. His expression was serious and he seemed determined. I ran my eyes over his tanned back and silently praised his stunning physique.

Behind him a highly tense crowd was waiting for the referee (in this case, the starter) to blow his whistle and flag them off.

‘Take your mark’ the starter bellowed, making me jump slightly. I mumbled a prayer that Andrew would be first.