Chapter 15---Take Me Back

Why, Little Girl, why?

Get up! Get up from bed. You've been laying there for days!

Little Girl, don't you see the sun shining through your window? How it's rays enter your room without permission? It's warmth tickling your skin?

Little Girl, look there are birds chirping outside your window! Listen to the songs they sing. Which song are they singing today?

Little Girl, look at the cool, crisp grass! It's clean, it's everywhere! Don't you feel the urge to dance and tumble barefoot?

Little Girl, why stay in bed all day for another? Why can't we go outside?

Little Girl, why do you have to stay so still? Why are you always so cold? I don't understand...

Little Girl, the sun will set soon. Don't you want to witness the inexplicable colors of the sky? Doesn't it excite you? Doesn't it make you look forward for night time when we could count the countless stars in the sky? Did you even know that they exist?

Little Girl, why can't I understand you?

Why, Little Girl, why?

**

Cassidy's P.O.V

Yesterday was a tiring day. I am awake, but my eyes are still closed. I'm still in bed, hugging a pillow, contemplating if yesterday was a success or not. If it was a failure, it's all my fault why...though I wasn't the one who replaced a Frank Sinatra song into Anaconda. That was hilarious. Oh, James. Expect the unexpected when it comes to him. That was beyond etiquette. After the party, Natalie scolded him but in the end James won because after all it was our event.

I honestly don't want to wake up. Aside from the very tiring day, there is something about today which is making me not look forward to it. I don't know why but I'm definitely going to observe everything around me carefully. Did I just mention that I was so tired?

To close or open my eyes? To close or open my eyes? Hmm.

I swear today won't be such a normal day. I can feel it in my gut. It will be an eventful day. I just don't know if it'll be a good day or not. Butterflies are fluttering in my stomach and my heart is pounding so loudly, I think it can be heard from my small fragile body. Something isn't really right.

I felt a pair of lips touch my forehead, and the smell of soap filled my nostrils. James must have showered already. "Wake up, beautiful." he whispers. Again, he called me beautiful even though I'm not. I slowly fluttered my eyes open to see James on top of me. He had that unruly wet hair, and he was absolutely topless. He only had a towel wrapped around his waist. Oh, gosh. I should stop staring. "I know you're a bit tired but I have the rest of the day planned."

And what are we to do? I stretched and shifted to my side, cuddling a pillow. "I thought it consisted of sleeping the entire day." and a yawn left me.

"Come on, Cass. I'm sure you'll enjoy. Please?"

Groaning, I just wanted to have my rest because I suddenly felt all the exhaustion from the party. It was like having concrete cement all over your body. Well, to me it felt like that. "James, please let me be. I just want to rest all day." I mumbled in my pillow.