01

Poignant

"Zayn, baby come here I need help with something" Liam calls from their new bedroom. Zayn quickly gets up in a hurry hoping Liam wasn't trying to do more than he could. Better yet hoping he wasn't in trouble for anything. Zayn sighs shaking his head when he sees Liam trying to put curtains on the windows. The windows he couldn't reach but he didn't know that since he was drunk off his arse.

"Yes Liam?" Zayn gulps making his way towards his so called lover. He tries his best to not anger Liam and watches his every move. Liam turns around slowly with a grin on his face and a beer in hand.

"Would you be a dear and help me with this," Liam says with a grin. Zayn nods quickly making his way to the ladder that Liam put up. Zayn climbs up the ladder slowly hoping he doesn't fall off since Liam wasn't holding onto the bottom.

Zayn clears his throat and turns his back to Liam. "Can you pass the curtain Liam?" Zayn reaches out with his hand shaking. Liam keeps that weird grin on his face and hands the curtain to Zayn. Zayn doesn't know why Liam couldn't do this since he could reach easier. Zayn quickly puts the curtain on not trusting the ladder at all.

"Whoops" Liam says with a chuckle and before Zayn could ask what he falls off the ladder. He landed on his back with a loud thump. He cries out in pain rolling on the ground with his eyes closed tightly. Zayn knew that Liam's grin wasn't from nothing. He was drunk and when he's drunk he does things that Zayn would never imagine him doing when they were starting to get together. He always asked himself why. Why did Liam love him in the day and hate him in the night. Why did Liam drink?

"Why?" Zayn cries out with his back aching with pain. The fall wasn't far but he was glad he didn't hurt himself badly. Liam shrugs grabbing Zayn by his arm and pulling him up. Liam never laid a hand on Zayn but Zayn things that will soon end. He has gotten more and more drunk than he has ever gotten in the past.

"Go get me another beer while I finish up here faggot." Zayn winces at the word. He hated it and Liam knew. Not this Liam but the Liam he fell in love with. Zayn slowly limps his way out the room for Liam's beer. The stairs was a kick in the arse. It hurt like hell but he couldn't waste anymore time or else Liam will start throwing things. That was what Zayn hated the most about his nights. "Fag! Where's my fucking beer!"

"Coming!" Zayn runs as fast as he could to fetch the beer and goes up the stairs. Not once slowing down in fear that Liam would start abusing him physically. Zayn was hoping that day will never come because he truly didn't want to leave Liam. He loved him so much that he didn't want to leave him alone. Especially with his drinking problem. Yet, how much can he take of it?

"Damnit Zayn you do nothing right!" Zayn flinched at his words and looked down. He didn't know what he did but that didn't stop from the words hurting anymore less. "Come here." Zayn slowly walked to Liam with his head still down. "Strip" Liam waved his bottle around and sat on the bed.

"L-liam I don't think it's a right time to do this." Zayn looked up with tears in his eyes. He loved liam but not when he's drunk. He didn't want to do anything with him when he's drunk.

"Fine then fag I'll just handle myself." Zayn gulped and nodded. He didn't know if he should move or stay. He decided on the latter not wanting to get Liam anymore angry. Liam unzipped his pants and pulled it down. He started to pleasure himself through his boxers before taking them off.

It felt wrong to say Zayn wasn't disgusted by this. He was actually really hard at the moment. When liam started moaning he wanted to grab liam and let him do things with him. He had to control himself. This isn't the liam he knew and he didn't like to know him any better.

"F-fuck Zayn that feels good." Zayn threw his head back biting his lip. Even though Liam claims to the be as straight as a ruler he was just a damn bendy ruler. He knew he enjoyed when Zayn sucked him off or gave him a show. He enjoyed Zayn tying him up to do naughty things with him. "F-fuck" Zayn was so hard that it hurt. He needed friction so he went towards liam and rubbed against him.

"P-please" Liam looked up with lust in his eyes. Liam quickly stripped and tore Zayn's clothes off. He layed Zayn on the bed.

________________________

"Liam please stop before you hurt yourself" Liam quickly spun around with the bottle in his hand. He looked at Zayn up and down before landing his eyes on the wall behind Zayn.

"Run." Zayn didn't have to think twice before he sprinted up the stairs locking the door behind him. He hated Liam like this especially when he didn't listen to Zayn at all. Always saw Zayn as a bad guy and tries to lay his hands on him to release stress.

He didn't like that he was in love with Zayn. He keeps claiming that he was straight in this so called love for Zayn would pass over. It did. Only when he was drunk off his mind of course. Liam didn't really know why he couldn't he admit to himself he loved Zayn . He's not a faggot so why is he with him? Why did he say he loved him or had sex with him? He was 100% not gay.     

"Come on Zayn. Come out" Liam banged his head against the door. Zayn whimpered under the covers too frightened to move. "I won't hurt you." Zayn ignored his words knowing that he would. He was never gently with him when he's drunk. Zayn closed his eyes breathing in and out slowly.

Wishing that Liam would change. Would at least change for him. Liam didn't know about the things he did when he was drunk. He just thought he knocked out on the floor by the door. Zayn never gets to sleep next to him anymore. It hurt him to know that he use to. He missed the smell of Liam next to him. Waking up with Liam smiling down on him calling him beautiful.

"Zayn...I love you" Zayn turned to his pillow and screamed. Liam said that every night drunk or not. He said that every morning before he left for work. Zayn knew he meant it but he didn't know what to do when he said it when he was like this. "Zayn you're my world. Please let me in. I'm sorry Zayn. Please forgive me. I won't do it again. I promise." Liam threw the bottle down the stairs. He cursed himself for treating Zayn like this. It all lasted for a second. It all took a second and he was back. "Zayn! Open this god damn door."

"B-but," Zayn whispered. He was half way to the door. Ready to embrace Liam with open arms. Only because Liam never said sorry.  Then again Liam never use to be like this. Zayn dragged his body back into the bed after unlocking the door. Liam didn't know he unlocked it but Zayn did it every night. Hoping for Liam to wake up next to him again.

All Zayn had was hope.