Part 3

*back to you*
You woke up with a start. Covered in sweat, you tried to remember what happened. You noticed something around your waist and turned around. Shanks was sleeping in a sitting position, you in his lap, with his arm around your waist. Then it hit you. You had that nightmare again. You're getting that nightmare since you've met Mihawk two years ago. The reason why this nightmare was showing up more often was a secret to you, but maybe it has something to do with you being afraid of his reaction? You sighed... "... You're ok, sis?"

You were so deep in your own thoughts that his sudden speech gave you a mini heart attack. Your ears popped up almost instantly, making him laugh. "Shanks!" "Try to get rid of this problem, sis" Shanks laughed. "... That's not funny..." "I know, I know... by the way Mihawk was here last night to check on you" he smirked. Your face was heating up quickly and your eyes started to fill themselves with tears. "Ah, no no no, don't cry! Don't cry! What's so wrong with this? He won't judge you for your figure" Shanks said and patted your back to comfort you. "He will" you sniffed. "And what makes you think that?" he asked a bit angry. "I know him for years now. What makes you think he's going to be mad at you?" You thought about your answer for a moment. 'Someone as good looking and good mannered as him would never be nice to someone like me' you whispered and quickly covered your mouth when you noticed that he heard that. "Knew it!" Shanks grinned widely.

You stared to the ground, face as red as a tomato and still covering your mouth. You finally told your brother but he just smirked at you. "Hnhn, I knew it and you finally said it." "Stop laughing at me! That's not funny!" you begged him. Shanks just grinned and got up. He stretched and walked over to the door. "Hey! Where are you going?" "I guess breakfast is ready. Why don't you join us?" "No, thank you" you replied, staring back at the ground.

*Shank's POV*
She finally said it. You knew that she had a spot for your best friend but that she fell so hard for him was new to you. Last night while she was sleeping you thought about a way to pair them up. You got a great idea but she won't wear a dress, not even for you. There must be a way to make her wear that dress you bought her last year. Oh how she was staring at that dress. It was a purple ball gown that reached down to the ground with a pair of purple elbow-length, hand free gloves. She found that dress while you were walking through the streets of that strange spring island. The waggling of her ears told you that she liked that dress. It was the last dress of this sort and in her size but she would never buy it. You had an important meeting this day but you made a mental note to buy it later. That would be the perfect gift for her.

//*flashback*\\
After the meeting, the crew bought a lot of food for the ship. You passed the way of the shop. The shop was still open but the dress was gone. Her tail and ears were hanging limp and she had a sad face. She sighed and trotted away. "Where are you going?" Beckman asked. "... Back to the ship" she said and walked off. "What's wrong with her?" Yasopp asked. "... Hm..." "Captain?" "I have to do something, please go on ahead" you told them. You waited for them to go out of sight and then you walked into the shop.

The dress was behind the counter and a middle aged lady sighed deeply. "May I help you with something, miss?" you asked politely. The lady turned around and stared at you. "I guess you're not the one who could help me with this, my dear" she replied, looking at the dress. "Is something wrong?" "Ah well... I can't sell this dress here. My daughter made it before she died. I don't know how to pay my bills anymore. I had no customers for a few months now." You just stared at her. "My daughter wanted this dress to be sold to someone who's worth it. She even made the gloves and the shoes. But I guess I have to burn it somewhere." "Gnah, don't burn it!" you almost screamed. "My dear, my ears are working perfectly, you don't need to yell at me" she frowned. "I'm sorry. It's just... my sister noticed that dress a few hours ago but she'd never buy it on her own. She looked really sad when we passed by your shop again and the dress was gone. I want this dress to be the next present for her."