Part 1

You were sleeping under the big sunshade your brother opened when you reached the island. You were laying next to your brother in the sand in the middle of a clearance full of sand. Somewhere behind you were the trees and bushes of the forest and around you were palm trees with lots of coconuts. You loved coconuts, especially the milk in them.

Shanks was the typical summer lover... for some reason. The island was hot. Very hot. And he loved it. But you couldn't handle the heat. He always thought something was wrong with you 'cause everyone in the family loves the summer. The hotter the better. That was until he noticed something he shouldn't notice. When you were five years old, you fell over board. You couldn't swim well but this here was the worst!

//*flashback - 17 years ago*\\
A few days ago, you were eating a strange fruit that you've found in the wild. The taste was horrible and the next thing you felt was a strange tingling in your whole body. It felt like your ears have gotten even better since then. You could hear the crew from the distance, talking about drinking and woman... the usual stuff.

The bushes behind you started to rustle and someone stepped out of the shadows. It was your brother Shanks. He stared at you and smiled. "So? And who are you?" he asked and kneeled down. You tilted your head to the side and stared at him confused. He just smiled and picked you up, walking away with you.

He laid you down on the bed in your cabin. "I guess my sister will be happy to have a pet to play with" he smiled and patted your head. He turned around and walked away, leaving you there. You walked over to the mirror and grew stiff to what you were seeing. There was a small little wolf puppy in the mirror! That couldn't be you.

After about five minutes you tried to calm down. You looked back into the mirror and thought about something. You told yourself to be a human again and *POOF* ... there you are! You in your human form again. You were thinking about those form changing thing. You thought about being a wolf ... and you changed into a wolf. The same thing worked if you wanted to be a human again. So this secret was revealed to you.

You opened the door and walked out of your room into the kitchen. Ben was cooking again. Well... he was cooking for himself but he knew exactly: if you came into the kitchen you wanted a coconut milk. And he always had one for you.

You climbed onto the chair, who was still a bit to big for you, and sat down. "I knew you would come. Here" he said and handed you the glass with the milk. "Thank you" you smiled and gulped down the milk. Shanks came into the kitchen and sat down next to you. "So. How do you find my little present?" he asked you. "Present?" You knew exactly what he was talking about. "Huh? There was someone waiting for you in your room..." "No. My room was empty" you replied. "Strange... maybe my present ran away? I thought you might be happy about a pet, you know. I found a puppy on the island. Maybe it ran back to its parents... I guess..." he said.

You felt bad... really really bad. If he finds out about this little accident he surely would hate you.

*3 days later*
You were sitting in the ship library, reading a book about fruits. You haven't told him yet, but surely sooner or later he would find it out. 'Hm... this isn't the book I'm looking for' you thought and sighed. You brought the book back to its place. "Still reading books?" a voice asked from behind. You shrieked. To your luck you were able to control your form changings now. Shanks was laughing hard at you. "Still a little bunny, eh?" he smirked. "Bleeeh!" you showed him the tongue and walked away. "Ah come on. I didn't meant it. What were you looking for, anyway? You're hiding in the library for days now." You stopped and looked at him. "I'm searching a book about... strange fruits." "Strange fruits?" "Yes. You told me you were looking for... what did you called it? A devil fruit? If I knew something about them I might be able to help with that" you lied. The reason why you were searching this book... you wanted to know about the displeasing side of this fruit you've eaten.