Chapter 5

Luke and I both studied his slides all day. We were about to argue on something when suddenly, my stomach started rumbling and it felt like I was going throw up. No. Correction I was going to throw up. I removed his hand from around my waist and started to run for the bathroom. I could already taste the vomit in my mouth when I got to the bathroom. When I was inside, I pulled the toilet seat up and heaved my insides out.

I think I vomited in the bathroom for about five minutes until I felt strong, yet gentle hands on my back. Luke was massaging my back softly until I could no longer vomit. My stomach was so empty that it hurt. When I turned my head to look at my husband, he looked so worried. He repeatedly kissed my head over and over again. Luke suddenly stood up from beside me as he grabbed a glass of water for me to drink. I downed the whole glass in a few seconds feeling so thirsty.

“Are you okay babe?”

“Yeah. My stomach’s just not agreeing with me.” Luke grabbed a small towel from one of the closets and he wet it before he started to wash my face with it. After he was finished, he sat down beside me and just wrapped his arm around me, pulling me close to him.

“What did you eat?”

“That’s the thing, I haven’t eaten anything since this morning.”

“Babe, that’s just not good. You know you need to eat. I know you’re busy but you still need to nourish yourself.” I smirked up at him. It was a little funny and endearing whenever he’s transform from being my husband to this very handsome and responsible doctor that he was.

“I know I’m sorry.”

“Come on. Let’s stuff you with my cooking.”

Luke could really cook. And I mean he can cook. He was the best whenever he’d cook me my favorite dishes. And he wasn’t kidding when he said that he’s going to stuff me with food. When I was about to feed myself, he stopped my hand midway through and took the fork from my hand. He was the one who fed me throughout our meal. No it was just my meal. I think he fed me a whole bowl of pasta. After he was finished feeding me I was so stuffed that I couldn’t breath anymore. I had to open the button of my pants just to give space to my bulging stomach.

“God that was so good babe. You really know how to spoil a girl.”

“And I intend to spoil you. How was it?”

“It was the best damn thing I’ve ever had. See this?” I took his hand and placed it on my stomach, “My tummy is full of the food you cooked.”

“Glad you liked it babe.” He kissed the top of my head again and started cleaning up the plates. When he walked away towards the kitchen sink, my stomach started to rumble again and I felt throwing up again. When I could no longer hold it in, I pushed to my feet, making the dining chair screeched against the floor and made a run for it again.

I heaved and heaved until nothing was left in my stomach again. All that I ate was now gone from my stomach from I continued to vomit. God what was happening to me? Luke was at my side once more and was gently running his hand left to right across my stomach.

“Babe what’s happening to you?”

“I don’t know. It just feels like my stomach wants nothing to do with anything.” I stared up at Luke once more and then realized something. “Wait…” I stood up from the floor and grabbed my phone to look at myself through the full-length mirror. Luke was staring at me through the mirror, confusion in his face. I lifted my shirt up until it reached the bottom my ribs and turned sideways to look at myself.

“Babe? What day is it?”

“What?” Luke stood up from the floor and stood beside me. “What are you doing?”