Chapter 4

Alex drove us across New York towards the office. The ride back was silent. Everyone was tensed and brooding most especially myself. I’ve been thinking about what Henry said to me and I just couldn’t wrap my head around the fact that he still wanted me to the point of blackmail and violence.

The intensity in his eyes when he told he wanted me back and how he could make me forget everything including Luke was terrifying. I saw how serious he was and how he would actually go to extreme lengths to get me back. It scared me to think that I might put Luke in front of harm’s way again. Thoughts of Luke getting hurt again made my stomach churn and I feel like I’m going to vomit.

I braised myself on the armrest and breathe really deep to calm my stomach. Alex saw how sick I was getting and immediately concern filled his features.

“Ma’am are you okay? Are you going to be sick?”

“I’m just…” I couldn’t even formulate what to say. My stomach kept me from speaking up. It felt like if I opened my mouth I’ll throw up. “I’m going to be fine.”

“Ma’am what happened?”

“I can’t speak of it right now. I just want to go home. I’ll work from home.” Adam, who was sitting on the driver’s seat nodded his head and sped through the avenue towards my apartment where Luke was. I thought if I see Luke, this tension would leave me.

Once I got home, I saw Luke sitting down on our couch in front of the flat screen television while he watched something on his laptop. His brows were furrowed and I immediately got worried that what he was watching was the sex tape Henry wanted to show the world. But when he lifted his eyes up to look at me, his frown turned into a smile. I think my heart almost exploded in my chest. Relief flooded me.

“Hey babe. Why are you back so early?” He set down his laptop on the coffee table and walked towards me. “Are you okay? You look you’re about to throw up.”

“I’m just exhausted.”

“Come here,” Luke pulled me into his arms, enveloping me in his strong arms. He kissed the top of my head and I buried my face in the crook of his neck. “Let’s go rest. You’re working too hard.”

Luke and I walked towards our bedroom on the second floor of our apartment hand in hand. His warmth and affection filled my heart and my love overflowed for him. There was nothing I wouldn’t do for this man. I’d do anything just to keep him safe and sound.

When we were in our bedroom, Luke sat down on the edge of the bed while I stood in front of him looking down to his amazing green eyes. He grabbed the top button on my blouse and undid it, followed by the remaining buttons. When he was done with all of them, Luke stood up from the bed and walked towards my back and slid the blouse off my shoulders, revealing my red lace bra that he loved so much.

Next, he unzipped my black pencil skirt. My matching red panties, garters and stocking came into view and I heard Luke gasp. His breathing became more ragged and heavy. I could feel his breath on my neck.

He kissed the back of my neck then towards my right shoulder. His soft kisses trailed down to my arms until he reached my hand. Luke tenderly kissed the back of it and went on to give attention to my other shoulder. He did the same process on my left side. Once he was done kissing both my hands, he grabbed both sides of my face as he kissed me gently on my lips. His lips were soft and light, guiding our tempo. Eventually, his kisses became hungrier.

I could feel his hands softly run down to my chest, cupping my breasts, gently kneading. He trailed his fingers down my ribs then grabbed my hips to pull me plush against him.