Who's Jack?

I awoke to the sound of swishing, footsteps and of distant voices. Morning light was filtering through the small window, and illuminated the room to reveal its beauty. I rolled of my bed, and lay on the floor for a while until I could pluck up enough energy to get up.

I stood up, dazed and decided that a good clean would be great to get rid of the fatigue that had weighed on my body since last night's dinner.

After hopping out the shower, I felt slightly better, but still tired. After dressing up in comfortable jeans, blue low-cut Converses, and my favourite Ravenclaw top, I walked out and made my way to the kitchen, giving a last glance to the sexy bed, wishing that I could live on it forever.

I trudged sluggishly towards the dining room where I could smell pancakes and maple syrup. My stomach rumbled, reminding me that I needed to keep up my diet of eating every possible thing that could perhaps give me diabetes. Diabetes-inducing food was always the best tasting food; it goes great with my lack of physical exercise.

"Morning," greeted Christina. I found that in the few hours that I knew her; she had a very sweet disposition, and a melodic voice.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked in the general direction of anyone to save my voice.

"Nothing much," Dr Elle Chang replied with a smile. She had a very sweet disposition too. "We were just discussing last night’s controversy, you know, the trespasser."

"Yeah, I was wondering about that. We know what they want, but we don't know who 'they' is" I said. "How's Emily?"

"She's okay, she should be out soon," Dr Chang said, just as Emily walked into the room, dressed.

"Hey guys," she said upon meeting us.

"Hey, we were just discussing the possible identity of your attacker," I informed whilst digging into my pancakes.

"Well, I'm pretty sure it was a guy, but it was dark. The figure looked manly, I guess. It doesn't really matter, because they're gone now." I dropped my fork.

I had an epiphany. "Maybe they never left. Maybe they're still on the boat, I mean, we never exactly saw anyone getting away. I heard a splash, but that doesn’t mean that the trespasser actually jumped off the boat. I don't mean to accuse anyone, but we all know that the only guy on this ship is Jacob."

"I knew that there was something wrong with that guy," Emily said. "His personality is so uptight, like someone who is afraid of letting people know what they were up to.

I thought of Jacob and his awkwardness, and his harmless love for Lady Gaga. Surely he can't be the attacker.

"Speak of the devil, and the devil shall appear," Dr Elle said as Jacob walked girlishly into the room. He walked with his head down, not looking anyone in the eye. He was different somehow, like he was hiding something. I grabbed him by the collar.

“Nobody puts baby in the corner,” I spat out, whilst clenching his shirt.

“W-what?” Jacob asked with absolute terror clear in his eyes which, underneath them, were rimmed with shadows.

“I don’t know, I couldn’t think of what I was going to say, so I sort of said the first thing that came into mind,” I confessed loosening my grip on his shirt, “but never mind that. What were you doing last night before you came rushing into Emily's room?" I asked with narrowed eyes.

"N-n-nothing. I-I w-was s-s-sleeping, l-like e-everyone e-else," he stuttered. His behaviour was more than suspicious.

"Were you really?" I asked, still suspicious.