Chapter 2

A/N: so I plan on leaving it here. But I am considering continuing it. I hope you all like it and thanks for reading.

Stargazing chapter 2

When the bell rang everyone immediately packed up and bolted from the room. Amanda and I were in no rush so we patiently waited as everyone left for the weekend. "So, Amanda have you got anything planned for the weekend?" I ask as we step out of class and go to get our bags.

"Umm... No I don't think I do. Well aside from finishing unpacking from the move and all. We still have the odd box lying around, waiting to be unpacked. So I'll be stuck doing that for the weekend." She informs me, letting out a sigh when she finished.

"Well I haven't got anything planned this weekend if you want any help?" I kindly offer as we now approach the bus stop to wait for our bus.

"I think I'd like that actually, but only if your sure."

"'Course I'm sure. I'd only be moping around the house with nothing to do anyway so, it'll be a nice change, give me something to do and a reason to spend more time with you." I shrug as I speak, but then I realise my last comment and go to tell her that I didn't mean to say that last part. "Oh I wasn't meant to-" she cuts me off.

"Ha-ha, no it's fine I'd like to spend more time with you to. And who knows maybe we could go to the movies or something if we're allowed?"

"You really want to hang out with me? And yeah I'd like to go to the movies." I happily reply. Our bus has just arrived and so we get on and take a seat. We decide to sit up the back of the bus, so it's just us. Not many people get on this bus, not until we reach the next high school that is.

"'Course I'd like to hang out with you, apparently there is a lot I don't know about you." She replies back with a smirk. Oh now she's being smart.

"Well, there's a lot I don't know about you either apparently." I smartly reply. We both let out a laugh and then she asks about Perth.

"What is there to do in Perth exactly? I mean, I've done dome some research but I don't remember much." She asks.

"Well it sorta depends on where you go. There's plenty of clubs, for people 18 and over so don't ask to go clubbing. Plenty of cinemas a bowling alley here and there, umm... AQWA - The Aquarium of Western Australia, Fremantle Prison, Kings Park, Scitech, the Zoo, The Bell Tower.There's plenty of things to do and see." I tell her about all the great things to do in Perth.

"Wow, there is plenty to do. What is your favourite?" She asks. So I sit for a moment and ponder.

"Well, I'd have to say Fremantle in general. All the old buildings, the history, oh and all of the little books shops. And not just the book shops, all the little shops you find, whether it's down the street or a little alley. Also you must go to the markets in Fremantle they are amazing. And the Fremantle Prison holds a few tours, I've been on all of them, by myself. My parents aren't really into that sort of stuff." I begin to ramble, then realise and stop myself.

"Sounds interesting, maybe you can show me sometime?" She replies.

"Sure, maybe I'll take you on a tour of the city one day?" I suggest.

"Why don't we start this weekend? I mean I'm sure my parents won't mind. They've been kind of worried." She tells me as the bus comes to a stop. We stand up, thank the bus driver and then get off the bus and begin to walk home.

"Worried? Worried about what?" I ask. Curious as to why they would be worried about such a responsible girl.

"Well, everyday when I get home mum asks me if I've made any friends, I say no. So it's clear that they're worried about me. I mean fair enough it's been a week but I'll make friends in my own time. They don't seem to understand that but they're parents so what do you expect? But I think I'd be worried if they weren't. But when they hear that I met you I'm sure they'd be happy to let me go sightseeing for a day or two." She smiles at me as we walk.