Stargazing

A/N: so this is my new story and i am hoping that i wont make it any more than 2 or 3 chapters. so thanks for reading.

Every night, I sneak up onto the roof, why? Well it might sound crazy but, I go up onto the roof to stargaze. I simply lie down look up at the stars and watch. Watch the world go by, watch the stars go past. And to simply escape from reality.

Did you know that the world turns about 15 degrees every hour? Neither did I, not until I started stargazing.

Of course my parents don't know. If they did well, my mum would give me disapproving looks and my father would sit me down and give me a lecture on what might happen if I was to fall. But none of that would stop me. Stargazing is the only way to help me escape, so I wouldn't stop, not for anything.

Every night I wait until my parents go to bed, then I climb out of my bedroom window and up onto the roof. If it happens to be a particularly clear night, the stars and moon shine bright and I can't help but marvel at how beautiful it all looks. Thankfully my friends don't know and if they did I somehow think they wouldn't appreciate it like I do.

I'm a single male, seventeen years old, I'm in high school and nothing much exciting happens in my life. At school the girls seem to be all over me. According to them I'm tall, handsome, have dusty brown hair, sparkly blue eyes and the name Nathan suites me. I enjoy reading, watching T.V and I sometimes like to draw. But, like I said, nothing exciting ever happens.  But my favourite thing to do is stargaze.

Of course I've never had a girlfriend, no matter how many girls try to get to me. I don't ask any of them out because none of them like me for me and that's not how I want things. My friends all have girlfriends and are constantly telling me to ask one of those girls out. But I can't, I can't because I am one of the few men that actually believe in love and believe that a girl should be treated right.

Anyway aside from my problems school is just as boring as my life. All we seem to be getting is more homework and more assignments. But one day something interesting happened. Well the most interesting thing that has happened since the school 'bad boy' Robert, did something and got the police called to the school.

Anyway, so one lunch time my mates and I were sitting at our usual table eating lunch and chatting away when our school principal walked past with three people in tow. It looked like a daughter and her parents. Obviously her parents are considering sending her here. And as I sit and watch them walk past I think to myself that this is one of the most intriguing things to happen, because we never get new students.

So that night I once again wait until my parents are in bed before I sneak up onto the roof to begin stargazing. And as I lie there watching the stars I can't help but begin to wonder about that girl at school today. She was pretty, brown hair, hazel eyes and looked about my age and height. For some reason, she had caught my attention, she... she seemed like me, quiet and kept to herself. Now I know what you're thinking 'how can I possibly know all of that with just one look?' Well, honestly, I'm not sure. I suppose it was the way she barely looked around. Or maybe it was the way she hung back behind her parents. Either way she seemed like the quiet type. So for another half an hour I lie there, continuing to watch the stars before I realise how late it must be and so I head inside and lie down on my bed.

The next morning when I get to school I keep an eye out for her. All morning I watch, but she doesn't show. And so for the next few mornings I do the same thing. Just watch.  Until eventually one of my good mates, Mark asks me who or what I'm looking for.

"Nathan, dude, what or who are you looking for? You've been doing it since Tuesday." He asks, sounding a little annoyed and a little curious.

"Oh umm... nothing no one. It's nothing, I'm fine." I reply a little too quickly. Mark just raises an eyebrow and drops the subject. But then at the beginning of next week I see her. I see her walking into the school gates, in the school uniform.