Chapter 12

{Blake}

After I finished beating the crap out of Charlie, I knew I had to go talk to Ryder.

I walked into the main room and saw him talking to some of his pack members. As soon as I walked in the room he looked over to me. He said something to his friends and walked over to me putting his hands in his pockets.

"Hey" he said nervously. It was cute. Ugh I sound like some lovesick puppy.

"Hi" I replied.

"Um, do you want to go check out the room?" He rubbed the back of his neck. Which showed his ripped arms.

"Sure." He let go of the breath he was holding.

We both walked to the room marked 113. He pulled the key from his pocket and unlocked the door. We went threw the door and it was a nice apartment. I went over to the kitchen and looked in the fridge. It was fully stocked. I shut the fridge and took a seat on the couch.

"So what's your story?" I asked Ryder.

"Well, I'm 18 I just graduated school. My parents were killed when I was 16 so I had to become alpha. I have no siblings because of some complication with my mom." He looked down at his feet and then came and sat next to me. "What about you? You have to have a long story."

"I guess. Well I'm in my 700's. I had to leave my parents when they started realizing I wasn't ageing. I had a younger brother and as you know I have a twin. Tyler was our best friend in the 1400's and we were all hanging out in the woods one day when someone grabbed me. I screamed and Charlie and Tyler came for me and some crazy old witch put us in cages. She did some spell thing and then when the moon was full and at the top of its peak all of our bones started breaking. We were all screaming because of the pain. We had no idea what was happening to us. The witch went over to Tyler's cage and was talking to him but then came over to me and said that she hoped I survived. But after everything stopped hurting I looked at my hands and saw paws. In looked at Tyler and he was a huge, black wolf. He howled and I did too. Then she called us the first monsters and that we were supposed to keep the balance, be the fear and darkness in the world and then she named us werewolves."

"That's crazy." He brushed some hair behind my ear. "I know this is a weird question but have you ever..um.... done" I cut him off.

"Not willingly. When we were first turned I wasn't exactly looking for anything and I never really found anyone but after we lost control and accidentally bit people and there were more werewolves they stated finding mates. So we wondered weather we could have mates we didn't think so because we don't age, but apparently we were wrong. In the 1700's things got bad and I was kidnapped my some pack and ya." He growled. "After the boys got me out it took me awhile to get over it and I kind of still am."

"What so you mean?"

"I still have panic attacks."

"oh" I turned my head away. "hey you are perfect just the way you are and I will be there by your side for everything until I die and I promise that I will be everything you want me to be." I turned to look at him.

"Have you?"

"No I've been waiting for my mate." He put his hand on my thigh. I felt sparks in my leg. "I want you to be you." He smiled. I leaned into him and rested my head on his rock, solid chest. I started falling asleep when I heard him say.

"I will never leave you."

I fell asleep with that one sentence in my mind.