Chapter Twenty-Nine: Understood Misunderstandings

George's P.O.V.

I pulled away from Autumn at the sound of footsteps, turning to see what I thought would never occur. Emma had a look of hurt across her face, running off before I could explicate. Everyone just stared at me with disbelief and confusion, an awkward moment of silence passing. I wasn't sure who was suppose to insinuate the conversation so I opened my mouth to speak, only to be stopped by the sound of Autumn's voice behind me.

"George, is this the band?" she asked with a hint of excitement in her voice. I knew she really wanted to meet them and she was looking forward to it for when she got the okay to leave the hospital. I turned to give her a slight nod, trying not to make it look as awkward as it felt in that moment. She knew they had no idea who she was but I could tell she wasn't as lost in the situation as I was. I had no idea how they found me or knew where I was, but, inevitably, they would have to hear the truth about Autumn. I was now stuck between figuring out why Emma ran out so suddenly or explaining to everyone what was happening. Or even both could work.

"Uh... Guys, this is Autumn," I began, not knowing what else to do or say. Everyone looked back at me with mixed expressions. JJ appeared interested while Josh just looked plain confused. Then Jaymi seemed to be a little irritated yet curious and I felt as if Ella somehow knew about this, despite the fact I never told her a thing. Then I noticed Miranda had left Josh's side, most likely to chase after her friend. I hoped someone might speak, but there was just another moment of silence, probably due to lack of understanding the situation. I looked back at Autumn to see her gazing up at me expectantly. For what reason, I had no idea. I could tell she was confused, as were we all, but very happy to finally meet the people she'd only known through words and seen on T.V.

"Is everything okay?" she questioned, her expression changing as she began to understand the mood of the situation.

"Ya...um, Autumn," I began after nodding a 'yes' as an answer to her question. "These are the boys: Josh, JJ, and Jaymi. And this is Ella," I introduced everyone. They all waved and smiled and Ella came over to sit by my side.

"Hi," Ella held out her hand. "Nice to meet you," she smiled warmly.

"Hi," Autumn pulled herself up into a sitting position and accepted the hand being offered. "Likewise."

"And the other girl is a close old friend of mine," I explained. "Her name's Emma."

"Can I meet her?" Autumn asked with excitement, very obviously not understanding why she had left earlier.

"Uh...ya... Let me go and see," I replied a little awkwardly. "In the meantime you have Ella to keep you company," I offered, giving Ella a look so she'd know the importance of taking care of Autumn.

"Don't worry, she's in good hands," Ella smiled genuinely, clasping Autumn's hands in hers as if they had been friends for a while. I mouthed a 'thanks' to Ella and kissed Autumn on the cheek before heading off to find where Emma had gone.

Emma's P.O.V.

All I knew to do was run. I just had to get out of there. I took the steps instead of the elevator, not willing to wait for it at the time. I went as far as I could until I reached the bottom floor, making my way outside. I needed the fresh air. I stood outside as the rain began to pour down on me. I stood under the entrance, attempting to escape the weather. I thought through what just happened and wondered why I had run out so suddenly. After thinking about it, it wasn't too rational of a thing to do. I just had felt so confused and honestly wanted my relationship with George back.

"Emma?" I was startled by my best friend's voice.

"Miranda?" I turned around to face her.

"Are you okay?" she came closer, allowing me to she her worried expression.