Chapter 49---You Promised!

Alice's P.O.V.

"Yes, Mia...I will...yes, ma'am..." I ended our call and I checked my hair and my outfit if it wasn't too messy. Mia asked me a favor to watch over Carson here at home because she has this negative feeling that something bad is going to happen.

I didn't leave with her and Jessica to New York because I was needed here at home.

At the moment, I was instructed by Mia herself to wait for Dylan Rancic, who is supposed to help me with Carson. Since I'm seeing him, I should look presentable. And I admit, I felt paranoid. I keep checking my lipstick from time to time and--why am I acting like this?!

"Hey." the voice came from behind and I turned around to see Dylan. Oh, his smile!

"Hey." I said back. "Have a seat?"

"Sure." he winked at me and made his way opposite of me and he sat down. OH, MY GOD! HE WINKED AT ME! "I like seeing you with red, flustered cheeks."

Was I flustering? "Uh..." I had to avoid his gaze. "W-what's the plan?"

He stares at me and then laughs. What is going on? "That's it? What's the plan?"

"Yeah...?"

He laughs again and shakes his head. "You're a beautiful girl, and I understand that you like me."

"Like you? Please!" I scoffed.

"Don't lie to me. Right now we're partners in crime, and we have to be honest to each other, but you're lying to me." he smirks. Darn, why can't I lie?

I composed myself and smiled. "Look, we're here because Mia asked us to look after Carson."

"I know that. But Carson isn't two and he doesn't need parental consent every second. Mia just means we update her from time to time, and call her if something goes wrong, which will not happen."

My brow rose. "...okay then. Are we done?"

"Nope. I need your cell number." he asks for my phone, and I gave it to him. After he added his number to the contacts, he gave my phone back. I in the other hand, did a missed call in his phone.

"Thanks. Call or text me if needed." I stood up from my seat.

"Expect a text from me later." he bursts out and I look at him in confusion. "I'll pick you up for dinner."

"Seriously?" I chuckled.

"I'm serious on everything I say."

"Fine!" I turn around with a stupid grin and a flushed face. I'm going out with Dylan Rancic tonight!

=============================================================================

Mia's P.O.V.