just a little bit of your heart

((ok I linked that video specifically bc you can watch it on here and not yt))

I stared blankly ahead of me, waiting for him to return. For him to return from her.

My tears were all run out, and it left my eyes puffy and red, but he'd be too tired to notice. The dinner plate I laid out for him was waiting for him in the oven to stay warm, and I, for some stupid, pathetic and unknown reason, was waiting too.

I heard the door open and faked a smile when he appeared in the door, and he walked to me and leaned down, pressing his lips to my cheek.

I can't even think straight, but I can tell, that you were just with her.

"Hey baby," he said, and I immediately caught a whiff of the now familiar perfume, that didn't belong to me, and certainly didn't belong to Harry. I clenched my teeth and tried not to smell it when he grabbed my hands and stood me up, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"How was your day?" he asked me with a smile, and I almost wanted to roll my eyes. As if he cared.

"Fine," I said bluntly, not able to look him in his eyes when I know these hands were just on hers, when his lips were just all over her.

My eyes annoyingly immediately began to water when I took in the lipstick stain on the corner of his mouth, and the bruised hickey left on his collar, that he thought he had covered up with his shirt.

"I made dinner," I said, only to get out of this situation. I pushed his arms off of me slowly and walked to the kitchen, turning off the oven and pulling his warm plate out, laying it down on the table for him.

And I'll still be a fool, I'm a fool for you.

"Oh thank you baby, that looks delicious. I'm starving," he said with a chuckle and I gave him a small smile.

He leaned down to press his lips to mine in a kiss, and I felt dirty kissing back. I just wanted to go to bed, but I was never able to sleep well without being in his arms, which was pathetic on my part.

"I'm gonna take a shower," I said to him as I pulled away and he nodded, kissing my forehead. I let him intertwine our fingers and kiss me one last time on the lips, before I slipped away from his grasp and hurriedly went upstairs to our bathroom, stripping from my clothes.

As soon as the water was on and I stepped in, I collapsed to the shower floor and brought my knees to my chest, resting my head on them and letting out more tears at the thought of my fiancé.

He was breaking my heart, no, it was already shattered, and I knew, I knew I shouldn't still be here. But I couldn't leave, I loved him with all that I could, with all that I am.

That's what I didn't understand. We were so happy, so in love, and now he has someone else.

It always occurred to me if I should set him free, let him be with the girl he leaves me for to see. He was always glowing when he came home, but I could never figure out why he never left me. And I was glad he didn't.

"Y/N, baby? Are you alright?" I heard Harry enter the bathroom, signaling I had forgotten to lock the door.

I quickly stood up from my pathetic position on the floor and put shampoo in my hands, rubbing it through my hair quickly and rinsing it out before applying conditioner.

"Let me," Harry said from behind me when he stepped in the shower, taking the body wash I had just picked up from my hands, squeezing some of the liquid in my hands. He began to rub it all over my body, kissing various parts of me, before rinsing all of it off including my conditioner.