Chapter two••

The rattling wind of the air conditioning filled the musky room. All the windows were pushed up, letting in the bare heat of the summer sun. Living in Albuquerque, New Mexico wasn't all bad. The nice feel of small spread through the place, really made it feel like home. Matt silently tapped his foot in anguish, why did these people always send him to see the ratty, old headmaster? The headmaster sighed a very, very long sigh, hinted with irritation. "Matt, you're the best student here. We haven't-"
"Haven't had anyone one like me in twenty years, yada, yada, yada," Matt ever so slightly said with anger. "You tell me that every time," he pushed out under his breath. "Matt, I say it so you have a reason to keep it that way. We can't loose you right now, we need you. Without you, the school might tumble. I know, you're our biggest trouble maker. But you're also our best kid. You make the top grades and G.P.A. What will we do without you?"
Matt stopped tapping his foot. They need me that badly, huh? A smirk slowly wrapped itself around Matts face, mixing into his twisted grin. "Use the next best kid, i'm outta here," and with that, he clambered out the window and sprinted out of sight. What will we do now? The headmaster thought. Panic spread throughout his mind. "If he gets to far you know what they'll do? We need to inform the officials that he's escaped. We can't let him reach the boundary, we can't," Mr. Brown explained as he walked into the office and stood right next to the headmaster.
******

Matt's warm breath quickly pushed its self in and out of Matt's lungs. He had run from the school straight home without rest. His legs shook with exhaustion, his chest rattled with every breath. " 'I'm not going to school Mom.' Ha! She would flip if I said that," Matt mumbled under his breath. He had been living with his Mom for three years now, ever since his Dad died. She's definitely different than him, thats for sure. She stares at Matt for long periods of time, studying him. She's always cooking or reading. She rarely talks and when she does it's small talk like, "how was school," and "did you learn anything rather interesting today?" Matt always thought it was because they never spent time together when she was still with Dad. Matt sighed. "I'm definitely skipping tomorrow."