::Chapter 22::

"First day back to school. Are you excited to start the new school year with Michael back?" My mother asked, sitting a bowl of cereal in front of me. I thanked her before I took a bite.

I swallowed the bite before speaking, "I'm excited to spend it with Michael again, but having to do one more math class will be the death of me." I groaned, taking another bite of my breakfast. "I'm being serious." I said, my voice sounding muffled from the food in my mouth. My mother scolded me for talking with food in my mouth. I gave her an innocent smile. She shook her head, taking my now empty bowl and placing it in the sink.

The doorbell rang, echoing throughout the house. I whipped around quickly and raced over to the door to answer it. Michael stood there with a cheery smile on his face. Something I never thought I'd see in this early in the morning.

I looked over my shoulder to make sure my mother wasn't close by. I pulled Michael close, greeting him with a kiss to his lips. "Hello sunshine." I mumbled against his lips.

"The best way to start this dreadful day," Michael giggled, pulling back in for another quick kiss.

Hearing a loud gasp from behind us, pulling quickly away I saw my mother standing there with a shocked but relieved expression. "How long has this been going on?"

"Oh-Um, last night?" I said a little unsure. Michael and I didn't really talk last night about what we are now. It mostly consisted of making out until are lips were swollen and there was one too many love bites on his neck.

"I felt like this day would never come." My mother laughed, "I have to call Karen." Michael and I looked at her a bit confused, but I gave her a quick hug before pulling Michael out the door to our lonely bus stop.

I grabbed Michael's hand, lacing our fingers together, he looked over at me with a bashfulness smile. Our hands softly swinging between us during the short walk to the corner of the street while wait for the bus.

"Can I kiss you?" I timidly asked, even if we had just kissed a few minutes ago I didn't want to push him too far.

Michael nodded, "You don't have to ask."

////

Once we made it to school Michael and I walked hand in hand down the hallway in search for our new lockers. People paid no attention to us, except for the occasional whispers heard of Michael being back. Our school wasn't large and most of the students have been going here since they started school. Everyone knew everyone.

The word got around that Michael Clifford was back and he was once again glued to my hip. And maybe that's why some people I've seen around since grade school rolled their eyes at us when we walked past them.

We found our lockers. Michaels being right across the hallway from mine. He walked over to mine with me since we still haven't got our books yet so I only needed to put a few small things away.

Michael was leaning up against the locker next to mine, looking as if he was about to fall asleep standing up. His lips were still a bright rosy red from our make out session at the bus stop. "You're adorable," I blurted out. I wasn't used to complimenting him like we used to. How I wouldn't hesitate to call him the cutest boy I know when we were younger just to see him blush. How we would kiss each other's cheeks like it was completely normal. How I kissed him for the first time at age eleven and it changed nothing until we got older. Now it's different and we both know that.

"You're not too bad yourself." Michael winked.

"Are you flirting with me Mikey?" I asked jokingly, wrapping my arm securely around his waist.

"What if I was?"

I chuckled, nuzzling my face into his neck, moving to graze my teeth gently against his earlobe before whispering, "I might have to find a janitors closest for later use."

"Luke!" Michael gasped, a vermilion shade rose against along his neck and up to the tips of his ears. "We're in school!"

"I know," I smiled, placing chaste kiss to his forehead. "Now, let's get to first period before the bell rings so we sit next to each other."

////

this is short but it's just a filler.

muke is going to be kinda clingy for a few chapters because they'll be in their honeymoon stage lmao

thanks for reading and getting this to 41k reads and over 5k votes!!!!! like when did this happen omg